Bang Bang Flames

Hey guys

Ok so iv had the scooby for aweek now and loving it, I have noticed it pops bangs when over running at around 2k revs, I dont mind this however every now and again it is ridiculously load sounds like a gun shot is this any issue?

when driving home tonight(first time in the dark) when ever i got a loud bang I got a massive flash of light as if flames where shooting out the back, just looking to see if this is normal or if i should be worried??

it is normal depending on what has been done to the car - eg anti lag or if you have a vent to atmosphere dump valve, these both cause the car to run rich and the excess fuel is ignited in the pipes

antilag

• Like 1

I've been told mines shot flames before when I reved it hard. I've only got a dv on too. Id say be very unlucky to get pulled by the police but as long you don't have a flamer kit installed doing it on purpose should be fine.

it will be the dv causing it - I have never had any issues with dibble over flames in exhaust caused by DV's over the years - whenever they felt the need to have a conversation there were always other aspects of my driving they felt needed addressing, predominantly my view that the NSL sign in non built up areas was a recommendation :rolleyes:

• Like 1