Will This get Through MOT?

Hi all,

I have my MOT coming up (expires on 3rd March), and was wondering a few things...

My passenger front wheel looks like this: post-3486-142462432891_thumb.jpg

It holds air perfectly fine, and before I noticed it, would be fine at high speed too! Is this likely to get through an MOT, or am I best getting it repaired ASAP?

Also, my front number plate is a shorter width than standard, and i've been told I need to get a standard sized one with the safety mark and makers' postcode- I have already bought this ready for MOT day, but will I need to get a rear one too? (My current rear is correct size but has no safety mark or makers postcode)

Sorry about all the questions, but thanks in advance to anyone who replies!

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

I doubt the wheel will pass as it's knackered lol.

Number plate depends on your tester is I'll post up a pic of a fail and pass plate together see if you can spot the difference.

If your concerned just swap the smaller one for the right size and change back after it passes

Haha fair enough, I had one that was put on the car when it was imported passed for 5 years on same plate, sixth year I got a fail as the gap in the lettering was 2mm to small. Tossers !

Yeah mate I'd get the wheel sorted ASAP could be stressing it in places that could cause a premature fail

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! Just a bit of an update: Got the wheel fixed as advised and car flew through the MOT on Tuesday...

Bar an advisory 'slight play in NSF wheel bearing'- I have no doubt that this was caused by the unbalancing of the buckled wheel, so i've learned my lesson: wheel damage can cost more than the repair of the wheel if not dealt with swiftly!

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1