Plasti Dipping

quit

On 17/12/2016 at 8:12 PM, Seminole81 said:

Aye, but what's the price compared to a spray can and some time? 😕 I imagine hydro dipping will cost a canny penny or two. I'll have a spare center vent next week I might give it a bash on to see how it turns out...

Plasti dip prob £15 quid a tin and don't go far 

hydro dip prob about 30/40 quid 

seen the kits on eBay I'm tempted by one 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, matmidgley said:

very very easy, just made a spray booth out of a large cardboard box. cleaned it all down and sprayed it. also did my side mirror cases and door switch and speaker surround.

4.jpg

3.jpg

Yeah I noticed those bits when I was looking at it again tonight...half of me wants to do it, the other half of me doesn't as I want to keep stock look. But I have a few tiny scratches from previous owner that I want to make disappear...and I don't think I could match the OEM colour

• 4 weeks later...

@matmidgley good result with the plasti-dip centre console.  I am going to give mine a try once the weather gets a bit warmer.  Definitely stealing your cardboard box spray booth idea!  Have bought gunmetal grey colour.

How hard/easy was it to remove the round discs from the airvents? Heard they can be a b**ch...

• 1 month later...

I did my centre console at the weekend, used Matt Pack full dip gunmetal grey colour.  It's definitely a matt finish, might be good to try some glossifier stuff on it, but anyway quite happy with the results for a first effort!

20170301_150043 (Large).jpg