Newbie question.

hardlythere

Hi all,

Looking at purchasing my first Subaru,I've done the hard work and persuade the wife that we need one estate car in the house, my question is should I be concerned with 96-99000 miles on the clock on say a 2 litre Forester, looking at keeping it for about 4 years.

I have to trade in my reliable Honda Accord so just how reliable are Foresters on the whole, know my wife will be waiting to say "should have kept the Honda"

Thanks in advance.

wotcha and welcome - if there is a consistent service history you should be fine with the mileage - we have many members on here with well over 100k clocked up

Thanks for that I've read through a fair bit of the forum and it doesn't seem to much of a problem.

So time to push on and get some test drives lined up;oh and jump over to the newbie section I missed in my haste this morning.

Welcome good work on persuading the misses, to be fair they are practical loads of boot space and a good alweather car

Yeah I'd call 100k just run in [emoji16] loads of us are well past that mark.

• Like 1

Thanks for that liking the idea of owning one more and more now,practical,bags of grip and apparently gives you a big smile.

Strange originally looked at outlanders and although I haven't dismissed them outright the thing that steered me away from foresters (their shape)

is now an appeal,not too many about and will be the only one in the car park at work. 

Mine does 188bhp with k&n panel filter and prodrive backbox. 14 years ago it was doing 177bhp. It has not been remapped. Foresters looks sluggish they are anything but. Other drivers constantly underestimate em [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] I love that. They are sooo comfy.

• Like 1

Yeh 90 per cent certain this is the road i'm going down,i have a little time to my self this weekend so I can set things in motion.

Need to  get a move on I've already lost some of my hard earned to some interior doors for the house.

Thanks every one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...