Subaru 09 STI 330 Edition

croc01wrx

Hi Folks

Been looking at an STI 330 Limit Edition and done some reading about engines needing rebuilt with very low miles on them and the ecu needing flashed as there was issues with them, but thought I'd ask you guys if you know any other problems or if most the problems had been sorted by 2009 when the car was made.

Any help and advise would be apprenticed :)

Cheers

Chris 

330 should be just fine - it has already had the ECU parameters done as part of making it a 330 - check service history and ensure oil level is correct - away you go attach smile :)  

if you are referring to the ringland failure yes it shouldnt be an issue in teh first place - there is a recent thread on here with the same discussion it includes detail from Subaru about investigations into the cause

I do like the scoobys I've a 01 wrx atm but my work situation is changing so I've no need for 2 cars anymore so thought I'd get myself something newer. I'm gonna go look at this 330 first and there's 40k on it so I'd asume if something was to go wrong with it, it would of by now.

if you're looking at a 330s... it's not a limited edition... just that only 197 were ever sold and a few aren't on the road any more lol

if a ecu refresh needed doing it would have been done at service in the forst three years.. so don't worry.

FSH car looked after will be fine. It all comes down to how the cars been looked after, how it's been driven and what fuel & oil someone's used.

I'm just over 28k miles.. car runs lovely with no issues. Still loads of 2008-10 STi's out there that haven't had engine problems.

I have owned 4 STI Hatchbacks since they first launched in 2008 . When I first spotted it at Autosport International at the NEC in Birmingham. The Evo X was there also but I preferred the STI Hatchback !

In between buying my third STI Hatchback I chopped my second 1 in for an Evo X . I didn't like it much and was more expensive to run . Bearing in mind I previously owned a couple of Evo 8's and a 9 . I still preferred the STI ( personal preference I suppose) .

I never came across any engine issues ! Always had them serviced regularly .......

Also owned a 330s ( 59 Plate ) which was defo 1 of the best I owned , Recaro's , Sat Nav , Keyless Entry , Push Button Start ....nice sound .

Hope this helps ........

• Like 1