52 plate bugeye estate wrx

Bennyboy

Hi I got mine about 18 months ago...front caliper s can be a issue due to sticking which if left can damage wheel bearing,caliper can also corrode badly I got recon from Andrew page for £220..change cambelt unless your sure it's been recently done..can stall when aproaching junctions means idle valve needs cleaning..change oil regular I use fuches 5/40 fully synthetic with black oil filter don't get the blue ones not as good..clutch could be a worry if Sebastian vettel owned it previous..these are one of the best cars I have ever owned but I find preventive maintenance the key to a reliable car..and remember enjoy it...

Done a full service on it all ready fitted all quality parts cambelt and clutch was done 30thousand ago as got fsh with it pretty much standard apart from full decay system and dump valve definitely get looked after as I'm a mechanic only thing I've noticed is gear box is noisy in reverse but fine in all other gears

No as I've put the decat pipe on myself the boost has stayed the same as I've fitted a boost gauge I have noticed though that the boost pressure boosts to 13psi like it did before I fitted the decat but now drops to 10psi at 6000rpm and never did that before do you recommend to have it mapped in then I don't drive it hard so should do much damage should it

What do you reckon to the noisy reverse gear I said in last post

I've been told that a decat downpipe could cause overboost and that will make it fuel cut. I would recommend having it mapped as the car could be running rich/lean and doing damage. At 6000rpm you may be pass the maximum boost so it may taper off(using my basic knowledge).

As for the noisy reverse, is it whiney, crunchy or tappy? How would you describe it? Also does it come from front or rear?

I know my reverse is whiny but that's simply because it's reverse. Like most other cars.

Have a check of all the diff oil levels and gearbox oil. I know you're saying it doesn't affect forward gears but its still worth looking into. I've always expected whine from reverse gears so I'm not sure if it's too severe without hearing it.

Subarus don't like reversing ! Mine makes a right racket almost like it's not going in properly, must have been doing this for the best part of 20 years so i'm nkt concerned, just keep my reverse manoeuvres to minimuma and low speed

That's good news then as only just bought it that was my only concern about it it's had oils changed regularly on the service history so it's been looked after and not abused like so many have been

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk