WRX Antifreeze type.

Floyd9t8

What coolant/antifreeze is used in Impreza WRX's?

When I did my rad and water pump I used the pink/orange coolant. From what I have read and been told the blue reacts against the ally. In the end I have a rough 50/50 mixture coolant to water.

Non phosphate, silicate, anaime and something else free is what your after. Don't just buy on colour alone as companies use different colours all the time

I put the o.a.t stuff in and it seems to be ok. Just flush out the system with a hosepipe 1st

• Like 1

As above, OAT only due to alloy ,mine is orange from subaru's last service.

I bought some ready mixed coolant from halfords(on trade card so cheap) for any topping up...........not needed to since last October from buying car!!=happy me :)

It had me fooled though!! I thought my water was rusty :o  until i realised that the orange coolant looks like rust when dripped on plastic etc :huh:  :rolleyes:  Not best of ideas as makes you think(well me anyway at 1st) that my system was corroded.............I even rang subaru again to double check on everything. The service chap said his looks the same but never went into detail. 

So later on is when i noticed the new coolant looked rusty when dripped on plastic!