Hi all from Scarborough

Sxvmark

Wotcha and welcome - loving the colour scheme - clearly you are a bit of a shrinking wallflower :D

Lol cheers Jay needs a bit of engine work bottom end but the rest of the cars quite good

Hi n welcome to soc you certainly won't have any trouble finding that in a car park , both of my classics are common silver .

If you're looking for a replacement long engine (block n heads) any v1 (93) to v4 (98) will be a straight swap[emoji6]

although the v1/v2 has a phase 1 inlet and the v3/v4 has a phase 1.5 inlet (different shape and turbo entry) your phase 1 inlet , turbo and auxiliaries will fit to v3/v4 heads as the inlet stud pattern is the same

Hi n welcome to soc you certainly won't have any trouble finding that in a car park , both of my classics are common silver .

If you're looking for a replacement long engine (block n heads) any v1 (93) to v4 (98) will be a straight swap[emoji6]

although the v1/v2 has a phase 1 inlet and the v3/v4 has a phase 1.5 inlet (different shape and turbo entry) your phase 1 inlet , turbo and auxiliaries will fit to v3/v4 heads as the inlet stud pattern is the same

wi

Think I'll go your route your build seem the way I would go 350 bhp will do me plenty enough for road use

wi

Think I'll go your route your build seem the way I would go 350 bhp will do me plenty enough for road use

What sort of money am I looking at to do a rebuild like yours mind you mines an open deck block so may have to find a knicked one

Does depend on target power and whether you want to wait for bargains to crop up or buy it all at once .

350 hp is about the limit for the classic drive train so if you're aiming for about 400 hp max you'd probably be looking at about £1.5 k including machining costs if you build it yourself

Open deck blocks are good for 400+ hp with the right internals of course

yeah to be honest I forgot about the crank as mine was fine and therefore re used .

You could always just buy a newage sti bottom end and bolt your heads to it [emoji6]

Either way just keep everything uber clean during assembly , check everything at least twice and don't skimp on gaskets .

Mine is noisy when cold but has been running 300hp+ for 8k mls and doesn't leak a drop of oil or water due to using all new genuine gaskets