Petrol Problems

ChrisD

Thanks guys, I can get to either so is there a any difference going to one over the other. Duncan advised against the ecutek map as on my model it adds nothing over the other cheaper maps.

I've had mine done at both, Gr is good but if your looking at ecus go to area 52, really good prices and eluted is good if you don't want to go above 320, make sure you go maf less

As above, Kev is the gaffer at clinic. Clinic is the only place my car goes :)

Ecutek or Open source is a fairly hotly debated subject, each has its benefits and drawbacks. Ecutek is typicly more money for first map due to the license fee, after that they are the same price (set by the mapper/company).

On the flip side if there's any software issues or glicthes ecutek support their mappers, my old hawk had an issue with it kicking up a CEL, had it been opened sourced it would have been an issue, instead the fault got kicked back to ecutek by pat and they custom wrote a pacth for the software that has since gone into the latest Ecutek software.

Ecutek vet the mappers so can't just download and map away. Make of that what you will, but personaly i would rather have the back ground tech support that Ecutek have rather than googling for answers.

My type R now has syvecs fitted and thats a whole different ball game, same mapper mapped it, Pat Herborn mr syvecs himself :D

Suppose it depends on your budget really, at the end of the day what ever route you tale you'll be into the thick end of five hundred notes for the most basic of set ups,

Tidy, do you have a toucan connected to the syvecs ?

Suppose it depends on your budget really, at the end of the day what ever route you tale you'll be into the thick end of five hundred notes for the most basic of set ups,

Tidy, do you have a toucan connected to the syvecs ?

o yeah by the time you put RR time on etc

No, tbh i think alot of the syvecs modules are silly money, £450 for a two inch screen is a bit much IMO, I've bought a asus memopad and gonna Bluetooth it up to the android software when it's released, still gonna be over £350 for the setup, but a much bigger screen and can play games on it hahahaha