Advice needed please

Hello All, I have a 2l Non turbo 2001 Subaru Impreza GX AWD sports-wagon and unfortunately the exhaust is depleting, I have searched and rang around plenty of garages and scrap yards seeing if they have any parts and unfortunately for me they haven't so you guys are my last resort, Has anyone got a full exhaust system they want to sell or know of anywhere that has got them, A custom is my last resort as I wanted to keep my car as it did when it came off the assembly line many years ago. 

Any Information and Advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks Guys

Hi Jessica welcome to the forums

I'm sure we had someone on awhile ago with the same problem. For some reason the non turbo exhausts seem hard to come by, not sure why. Hopefully one of the other members might be able to help I will keep a look out also for you :D

Wotcha and welcome Jessica - yup as Gambit said he was struggling, if you want to keep it factory original you may have to go to Subaru themselves which I'm sure will be quite pricey.

Can I ask why you wouldnt go for an aftermarket one -  there is a place in south Wales that posted on the forum that would build you one for your car out of stainless steel so you may get the system sounding and looking exactly the same but with a lifetime guarantee?

Have you tried Scoobynet?

They have a large for sale section on that board.

My local Subaru breakers have plenty of cars in at the moment.

Call Pete at South East Imprezas 07891129485 he may be able to help.

• Like 1

Thank you for all your help, I will ring the number and hope for the best, they are extremely hard to come by. They are like gold dust. 

Jay 762 I think you are talking about pro speed or longlife which both offer a life time guarantee and build the exhaust system from stainless steel. I would just prefer to keep the scooby as original as possible but I am considering a dump valve or a cherry bomb. 

Again Thanks for all your advice been a great help 

wow cherry bomb now there is a blast from the past no self respecting rally rep was complete without one of those bad boys - you will certainly be no shrinking wall flower with one of those fitted ;)

• Like 1

Haha Cherry bomb exhaust was the only way to have real street cred when I was growing up :) I've not heard the name for along time. I will point out you said you have a non turbo so the dump valve would not fit your car :(

And I've just looked now and found this :D

http://www.cherrybomb.co.uk/

Can't I not get a custom made dump valve to fit my car?

cherry bombs are quite old fashioned now but the sound is just immense to me. 

the dump valve is designed to work with a turbo, keeps it spinning by releasing pressure when you change gear - you can get some noise generators for non turbo models though

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Saber-EDV-V3-Fake-Dump-Valve-Fit-Subaru-Impreza-MR2-/150657617376?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2313e4cde0

I would stick with just a cherry bomb / exhaust system and induction kit, that will sound great

Don't get me wrong I wasn't meaning anything by my last comment of the Cherrybomb like Jay it's funny to see it it when you forget about things :)

And as Jay said I wouldn't have a fake dumpvalve sound myself but if you really want to its possible :)

Don't get me wrong I wasn't meaning anything by my last comment of the Cherrybomb like Jay it's funny to see it it when you forget about things :)

And as Jay said I wouldn't have a fake dumpvalve sound myself but if you really want to its possible :)

I didn't take your comments offensive at all sorry if i came across like that. I understand and It would just ruin the car and defeat the objective of keeping it 'original' if I have a dump valve for just the sound and not for its actual purpose but i do like the idea of having a cherry bomb with an induction kit - what type of kits would you recommend  K&N any good? 

No problem at all I just wanted to make sure, I understand sometimes things can get taken out of text :)

And I would go K&N I've used them every time. Oh part from a Pipecross didn't seem as well made as K&N but gave a great snorty sound :D

But K&N for me :)

If the standard exhaust was any good you wouldn't be looking for another one now. If you must have a standard one you will have to go to Subaru and it will cost huge amounts. Get an aftermarket stainless steel one and it will last for the rest of the life of the car. Aftermarket does not mean you have to go loud, just let the fitter know what you want and they should be able to make or supply you with one that fits your requirments.

If the standard exhaust was any good you wouldn't be looking for another one now. If you must have a standard one you will have to go to Subaru and it will cost huge amounts. Get an aftermarket stainless steel one and it will last for the rest of the life of the car. Aftermarket does not mean you have to go loud, just let the fitter know what you want and they should be able to make or supply you with one that fits your requirments.

it is in the stages of going hence the reason for looking for one now especially because the M.O.T is due up soon so I would rather purchase one and fit it myself than arriving at the M.O.T center and them telling me i need another one, plus it sets my mind at rest knowing I have the exhaust fitted without the worry of it getting worse. I know I can get one made which will be customized to how I want it regarding noise etc from which I have already booked an appointment to have a chat to someone about this. Thanks for your advice, greatly appreciated. 

• Like 1

Any chance of before and after picture's... I like pictures ;)..... Of the car jeez I read that back could have sounded terrible. Like a Corsa with no back box :D

LMAO! of course I will! :D

• Like 2

Thank you for all your help, I will ring the number and hope for the best, they are extremely hard to come by. They are like gold dust. 

Jay 762 I think you are talking about pro speed or longlife which both offer a life time guarantee and build the exhaust system from stainless steel.

Yes it was longlife / cardiff exhausts I was thinking of

http://www.longlifecaerphilly.co.uk/

• Like 1