Can anyone recommend an exhaust for my 2007 STi Spec D

The exhaust came today, gonna see if it can get it slapped on later (ill take some pictures too) on a positive note I will have the old back box thingy which is a proper STI part. I know most people won't be interested in the centre section. But for someone with a WRX a genuine STI back box might be nice, it's got a pretty large bore on it, so with decats etc it would probably sound good.

Oh and as I got the othe cat back system it was slightly cheaper so I got a HKS panel filter to go in too !!

Here's a pic of before and after. I I'd take one from the same angle. But about 30 seconds before I dropped ,y phone and cracked the !Removed! screen (wounded!) so it came out blurry.

On a positive note the car now sounds like a scooby should. With a lovely burble at tick over, and that lovely subaru warble when it's moving. Then turning into a battle cry when you boot it ! And the hks panel filter has allowed a little more turbo noise to come through too. Thanks to the spec D's extra little bit of sound proofing it doesn't make it a horrible place to be with a noisey booming exhaust coming through. All in all, very very happy. I can understand now why you all love these cars so much, I've really clicked with it. And man oh man my little man adores it. I know I didn't get a before or after video of the exhaust, I will video my 20 month so you can all see what he says when I ask him what daddy's car says. You will love it, I promise

post-1072-0-09210800-1372805816_thumb.jp

post-1072-0-45462000-1372805837_thumb.jp

• Like 2

That does look a great improvement surprised how shabby the original looks but I guess that is what original model compromise is about, cheaper materials lower cost etc.

yup that vid sounds like it will be a smile generator ;)

I'll attempt to get the pooping and puking sound effects machine to do his thang later lol

If anyone fancies the old back box they're welcome to it, seems a shame to bin it. It's a little crusty but still works fine