Hawkeye or no? wrx or sti?

Ash G

Hey, I had a similar topic in general chat but feel it would be better suited here.

I'm after an 06/07 hawkeye STI, I have a decent budget but want advice n what to look for when purchasing. Any advice etc would be very valuable to me as this will be my first impreza.

Ideally I want one with the Prodrive pack, alternatively one running around 330BHP with very sensible modifications as I would like to keep it as standard as possible.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Ash.

Hi there mate I have wrx hawkeye. I think when u go to buy a Subaru mate that what u get on the test drive is what you get, the engine is Bomb proof. Just make sure the it's got good service history. And when u go to av a look make sure u start it from cold an that it ain't been warmed up u will hear all the nioses when it's cold.

• Like 1

Never thought I'd see "Hawkeye" and "engine is bomb proof" used together  :o  :D

I'd suggest googling...from what I have read... the STI 2.5 is inclined to eat itself if its not cared for....should be warmed up before going on boost, cooled down before switching off, serviced regularly  etc etc  Not all cars fail but I've read quite a few stories about them going and talked to a few people with them in their garage for repair....including reports from engine builders. 

You do often have to take what you read on the net with a pinch of salt because far too many people turn into old gossiping women with no facts or actual experience themselves to back up what they say...just like I'm doing now  :lol:

• Like 1