up pipe

steve33

downpipe changed for new sports cat one,still same,on the stalling,so thinking ,about breaking car,as had enough,i aint got a clue what else to try now,pulls threw gears perfect,no missing,just will not idle :(if i fiddle with icv i can get car to idle fine,but when i drive for a while ,ecu must amend it,and then starts to stall again :0( ive tried resetting ecu,but ecl wont go off :0(

Gutted for you mate I really don't have anything else to say you have changed the lot that I would say id what is making it stall. I still think it has to be either the air in or fuel in but you could go on forever :( 

ile concemtrate on air/fuel for a little bit ,and lets hope i finf fault,as if not,im going to buy an 02 wrx,bit gutted to maybe loose my classic,as drives perfect also :( thanks for feedback ,use have all been a great help,ile vbe posting lots new parts cheap,soon,i would think,anyways ,sports cat :0) etc 

as said it does sound to be an air or fuel issue, how have you tried to reset the ecu? there are plugs under the dash to do it but it's one of them scenarios where you connect the plugs, blink 3 times, turn ignition on and off, flash the headlights and grab ya nuts for 5 mins...easiest way is to disconnect the Battery for 1 hour+ after 1 hour it will clear the memory and start as a fresh ecu, also if you want to get rid of any residual power in the ecu, take both leads OFF the Battery and touch them together, this grounds out all the excess power in the system, leave off for the hour or more mentioned above then put it all back on and hope for the best, at least thats not going to cost you

• Like 2

ile battle away for another week or so,at air/fuel,but ile try batt off for an hour first,.i tried the green/black connections together,under drivers side,didnt make any diff tbh,drove for a min,below boost,etc,as i say ile fiddle with air/fuel,.and see what happens,will post back :0)