Greetings from another "Newbie"

Good evening all ,

After many years of admiring Subaru's i finally bit the bullet and got my first Impreza last week .

A workmates brother wanting rid quick as he'd already bought a new car, so i made a silly offer after a few pints of the black stuff and picked her up the next day .

Mechanicaly its sound with tons of service history etc , its a 1999 uk turbo model ,(last owner 9yrs)

But its suffering from the common rear wheel arch rust through problems.  see pic.

I've just took delivery of two wheel arch repair panels, so gonna have my work cut out (literally) for the next few weeks (not alot of spare time) luckily i don't need the car in a hurry but would be nice to get it to some shows/meets etc.

post-4403-0-09156200-1431385139_thumb.jp

Wotcha and welcome - we have a couple of members not too far from yourself - keep a camera handy when you do get started and share the progress ;)

• Like 1

Wotcha and welcome - we have a couple of members not too far from yourself - keep a camera handy when you do get started and share the progress ;)

Cheers Jay,

You got me thinking now , gonna be recording my progress anyway so might get to post it up as a project when i get used to using the site

Please do - we have found many others have benefited from experience on this forum - also it is a nice way to keep people motivated / supported when they embark on something - particularly if it is the first time they have attempted a new task

• Like 1