A STRANGE NOISE

Hi all, i have my first 1995 impeza wrx and not that used to all the little bits and bobs yet so can any one help me please??? i have a screeming noise on aceleration over 3000 revs, i have checked intake pipes and belts and they are all good so im a little lost and hoping its not the turbo :wacko:

That's an odd one to be honest pal, welcome to the forum btw, it could be an air leak somewhere, does it boost ok? Do you have a gauge to see how much boost your getting? Any mods? UK or import?

cheers miggs it nice to be here, to be honest im not sure as its my first turbo, it seems to go ok maybe a little slugish but i havent pushed it to far as i really dont want to do any damage :blink:  its a import and i havent got a guage as yet due to funds!!! i will try and have good look round all the hoses at the weekend :)

It is strange have you checked for any small children under the car :)

As Miggs said is it boosting ok? hard to give an answer from that video maybe belt slipping would be first guess. 2nd would maybe a bearing going some where. 3rd air leak. Or maybe turbo going but I doubt it.

Where are you based

Appologies if you have your location under your avatar but I'm on my phone and it doesn't show

Just thinking if your local I don't mind having a look for you

• Like 1

Hi guys i couldnt reply last nite cos my poxy phone wont let me!!!! thanks for the offer miggs thats really kind and if it comes to it i mite well drive up to urs :D, it didnt come with history about belts gambit so its on my to do list lol is there anthing to look out for when i do replace it or just the usual timing belt things?

Yeh as said full kit is best and safest option, it's like other cars only the belts longer and goes round more wheels lol, it looks daunting but is straight forward enough

• Like 1

Take a pic of the old belt and where it goes before removing, the belt has to line up in specific places on the wheels, it's not like a normal belt that just goes on, look at the guide on here, might make you less aprehensive

• Like 1

No some belts are just stamped with the makers name, others have a direction and others like the subaru one have a line or two on to line up with certain points on the car