Dog guard

DarrenSpain

Morning people, im sure this has probably been asked a dozen times, but struggling to find anything.......i need a dog guard for my 1999 forester s turbo, i've been on eBay, Amazon and most guards get mixed reviews, has anyone actually bought a dog guard for their forester that fitted without it falling down? Let me know please as my choccie lab has now decided its not happy in the back and jumps over onto the back seat!!!!!

I have an 04 Forester. A couple of years ago the local Subaru dealer was still able to supply the Subaru branded dog-guard, even though our model was no longer in production. This may be still the case or one may be available second hand.

It fits well, bracing between top of the suspension covers and the window reveals. Over time it has distorted the plastic of these items. This is only cosmetic, but could be an issue if we ever sold the car.

It has a cut-out for the centre seat belt to run through which is fairly critical.

Make one I've done a couple as even the subaru ones are 5hite.

I made bottom mount to small L brackets fixed off the screw that locates trim for boot cover, for top I shaped alloy strip into brackets that feed from seatbelt upper mounts. Does not touch any trim, is more secure & much much cheaper than subaru.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Make one I've done a couple as even the subaru ones are 5hite.

I made bottom mount to small L brackets fixed off the screw that locates trim for boot cover, for top I shaped alloy strip into brackets that feed from seatbelt upper mounts. Does not touch any trim, is more secure & much much cheaper than subaru.

I dont suppose you have any pics do you Mr B??