3.0rn estate exhaust

Chrissian

Hi , my 2005 legacy 3.0rn  estates exhaust has just started to blow :angry:

ive had a quote off subaru for around £1200 (cat back system)  :wacko:

dont want to go to kwik fit style places and have the 2.5l system fitted in their ignorance.

i would like a stainless system fitted but i wnat to keep the factory quietness(getting to old for noise)

does any one know of a place in coventry area (will go to brum if i have to!!!)

cheers Ian

My exhaust is blowing too, as there's a hole in it.

I'm looking at getting a custom exhaust from a longlife dealer mate. You can tell them exactly what sound/style you want. You could also look at powerflow, but im not sure if they are any good or not.

just to add , ive got a couple o quotes from custom  dealers and they range from £400 to around£1100!

just want to know if anyone recommends a dealer

also do you all know that subaru now offer a "subaru second line of exhausts" they are made of stainless steel and are CHEAPER than their standard range!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT they dont do the center y section for mine :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I have a long life cat back system and love it. Just go on their site and put your postcode in to find your nearest dealer. Mine cost £425 all in

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

If you don't want stainless, you can get complete cat back systems (centre silencer, Y-pipe and both back boxes) for under £150 including shipping.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subaru-Outback-3-0-Subaru-Legacy-3-0R-24V-4x4-exhaust-system-silencer-3528-/321754044440?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4aea091818

Might be something to consider to tide you over until you can find a stainless one to your liking.

Big cheers to Rich R , ive been looking at that site but they didnt list the 3.0?

any way ones on its way now :D

just need to get some new gaskets and i'll be very happy  and i'll post the results

Ian

hi, the exhaust has arrived (from poland!!!!). a few dings here n there but not in important area (pipe joints etc) ,off to get a can of high temp paint just to rust proof it better than just steel!

will have to fettle the tips ( basic crap i woundnt put on the wifes picanto ;)), hopefully just cut em orf and bolt the orginals on.

for £143 delivered not bad

i will take pics off both side by side etc

i'll keep u posted

• 2 weeks later...

hiya all . well ive finally found time to fit exhaust :D

i have taken photos but could someone tell me how to upload these?

they seem to have more than the 2mb allowed :(

anyway alls good and quiet again , didnt throw up any problems , plus it saved me heaps of cash

bout a grand actually :P

photos to follow when ive worked it out

Ian