I'm a happy bunny again!

WideSam

Engine paid for, van hired, all set to collect next Sunday. So I should be back on the road in just over a fortnight :D

Then it'll be time to see what can be done with the bag of spanners that's in the car at the moment... How hard can engine rebuilding be anyway?

• Like 1

Glad to hear it mate :) Wish I could say the same waiting on a bloke to sort out the gearbox for me :( annoying wait for others I was hoping to have the bugeye back on the road this week :( Can't complain to much using the blobeye but it's not the same :( 

good I'll bring some scones, with regards to the 'how hard can it be' comment, these are words I will never utter again as it's usually followed up by an expensive world of pain and work haha

A second car certainly sounds better than the bus!

Yeah, I'm definitely more clued up on the coatings of it now after spending ridiculous amounts of time researching it over the past week. However, the actual process seems really nice and methodical- which is a way I love working, pretty sure I'm quite high in the autism scale.

Hopefully, if it's just a spun bearing it'll only be a few hundred to replace what's necessary and get everything checked. I've got all the time I need to do it, as I'll have my car running again. Everyone starts somewhere right?! :lol:

Arguably most don't start with a flat four...

• Like 1

how hard can it be???

if Rotherham Scoobies can do it with a bag of cable ties and 5 tubes of silicone anybody can.......how long it lasts is another matter!!!

take loads of pics

• Like 1