poorboys detailing stuff

stants

Look at what you done so far I would say you enjoy it, and why the hell not :) your work what I have seen is good enough. Just getting started and some customer base set up, I can't see it taking you long :) 

Just remember what you are going to say to the customer before you get there though ;) 

trouble is by hand theres a limit of what i can do paint correction wise but if i get 3 customers at £50 each i can then invest in a machine and do pink to red paint and swirl/hologram removal

i do enjoy it to a degree, it takes a day to do right and half way through it starts to get to me but the end result is well worth it, if i do some proper reflection shots when i've finished and have them in a folder for the customer to look at i can go round to each customer and show them the pic portfolio and ask what they want doing and give them a quote

my only issue is my appearance, i'm 18 stone, 6'5" and have a shaved head, i look more like a baliff than a valeter :lol: i'd probably scare them into a detail rather than talk them into it

Haha I'm sure that would work too bit of grunting to just add to the scare tactic and long uncomfortable staring. You will be fine ;)

But the portfolio will always help gives them and idea of the end results. And nothing wrong with starting a few jobs for cash to get the stuff you need. Just don't start using off shore accounts. Mr D Cuntmron wouldn't want you to make a lot of money the same way his Father did now would he  :)

Best one for the money is a kestrel das6 they usually sell on eBay for just short of £100 as with most things you get what you pay for, the das6 has rave reviews from all over if you pay less for another it could be good but may not last as long, there's the detailing world forum for guides on what to look for when buying and reviews on different machines, Michael at the polishing booth may be able to source one for you and would be more than happy to give you advice, give him a bell, he's more than happy to help, also he posts products out as well as sell in shop, he's extremely busy so hasn't updated the website on what he has for sale but if you tell him what colour car, type and what you want from the end result he will let you know, and every time you spend over £10 you get a stamp on a loyalty card, after several stamps (don't recall just how many) you get £10 free for whatever you want, I usually get 4 cali scents for a tenner

It was last year I put the order in went through the check out hit pay now got an email saying it's all gone through, they got posted out no problem wasn't till my Mrs checked the bank and said we had more in there then we should we noticed they never took the money :lol: