Reputable Used JDM Importers

• 1 month later...

First WRX STi A-line I've ever seen for sale in the UK........this is what I'm aspiring to:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subaru-Impreza-2-5-WRX-STI-A-Line-Auto-Automatic-Paddle-Shift-/171939000444?hash=item28085cf07c:g:DOgAAOSw9r1V-~9i

Yep....hoping to get an my09 or 10 one in a few years time, so hopefully closer to £10k by then.

Already under US$13k at dealers over there so will be cheaper still through auctions.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

I'm going to go but just to see what sort of quality they are importing. They have some SG Foz cross sports in too.

If I ever go Impreza it will be flame red [emoji6]

1 hour ago, stants said:

credit card in wallet v5 in glove box just in case they make you a px offer you can't refuse emoji23.png

goes without saying :ph34r:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I can't bring myself to look as I keep getting distracted by white impreza's http://www.classicandsportscar.com/classifieds/classic-cars/subaru/impreza-sti/impreza-sti-s202/4374729

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/subaru/impreza-sti/2004-impreza-2-0-wrx-sti-ra-spec-c-widetrack-jdm-motorsport-edition-rare-car/5210797?v=b

There's loads for sale in Japan but by the time you get it here costs outweigh the benefits you'll still need throw 1.5k at it for peace of mind

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Haha I know the feeling. They are both lovely.

More and more as time goes on I keep coming back to a Foz STi......it might just be that in a few years time I see what's already in the country and for sale - like you say it's so much easier if it's already here :biggrin:

When I was looking for my winter alloy set, I had this in mind to be able to keep and use them long term :cool:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Decided as I'm off work next week I'm going to try and squeeze a trip down to that place in Middlesbrough in [emoji41]

• Like 2

On 17/06/2015 at 1:26 PM, Mr B said:

If going for a vehicle over 10yrs old don't be put off doing registration uk end yourself as it cheap & super simple & opens up more supply options & the budget can go on actual top auction grade car rather than traders profit .

@Mr B please can you explain what makes it super simple etc for us novices. For example, would a company such as this be reputable, trustworthy etc

http://www.japan-partner.com

Also, once the vehicle arrived at the port in the UK, what would you have to do then?

I suppose I'm nervous about not having someone inspect, road test the vehicle for me before committing to buy.

Thank you so much for any help or advice you can offer (us all)

In a nutshell;

Registering for uk for cars over 10years old is simple for UK, basically a foglight & get it MOT'd on chassis number then apply for reg doc & get plates made, MOT & V55/5 registration less than £200 I think roughly & easy for anyone do.
biggest expense is shipping & import tax, shipping around 600 to 1000gbp pending on how many you shipping & experience/contacts.
Import tax total is around 30%, just pay the bills at import yard, stick it on trailer & take it home to sort rest at your own pace .

Loads of guides on this and it easier to do than you would think really .

main thing is being super fussy on what you buy, don't rush & don't accept faults that you won't be happy with down the line or are hard to put right.

With money saving you can afford buy best examples at auction & that what you need do, proper mint car with original paint, clean original interiors & super low mileage. Jap auction sheets are very accurate, get good high res images especially for any minor pin dents etc, good video with car running is a must.

Jap auctions are pretty honest compared to sh1te that goes through uk ones.

it always a bit of a risk but if it not a car you going be happy with you can probably sell it on easily with small profit unless real unlucky. most uk importers take cheaper stock then doctor them uk end. Spending extra on auction will net way better car & save you lot of money in long term plus get real grade A rather than grade B buffed to look like grade A until warranty void & you discovered all the niggles ...

• Like 1

I've been to Middlesbrough this morning and come away a bit underwhelmed to be fair.

The wrx auto was all scratched up on the corners of the bumpers and the interior wasn't great.

They bug eye sti smelt awful inside and the steering wheel was delaminated.

There was only 1 of 4 Foz cross sports on site and it looked like it hadn't been washed for months. Interior was ok.

Red legacy blitzen was probably the pick of the bunch.

If ever you want a classic mini though, it's the place to go...some absolute beauties there today

gotta be careful with some importers, i seen some right old crap come through

one in newcastle seems to be good, my mate got his R33 GTR from them 

Yes, I think JM Imports give the impression of being in a different league to these