Top Gear.

Scooby Pete

Did anyone see Top Gear tonight?

Apart from the laughably set up taxi race, which was still kind off fun, does anyone know what A or B roads Clarkson was driving the Ferrari F12? He mentioned Letchworth and Hertfordshire which isn't to far from me and the roads and scenery looked mental.

Duggie Lampkin is a legend I remember seeing him on Kick Start Jnr and his dad on Kick start back in the day. Everyone sing along .....

Der der der derlldle lerdele der der derder der.

First thing I said it looked like another country. And I couldn't tell you where they was but looked amazing to drive down :) 

I thought it was one of the most boring TG's I had watched for awhile but happens every season before they do the big races to watch :) 

I'm dissapointed in the latest season, have been for a while, it's more of a light entertainment programme wuth a few car based bits thrown in.

1st one last week had about 15mins of actual car review with the hot hatch segment. I'm just hlad i record it so i can ff through the toss.

Good news is that 5yh gear has started filming a new series.

Maybe car shows on tv have had their time ? I fond myself watching more and more stuff on the interwebs now. Think the drive video magazine is great with chris harris, that evo tv and a couple others are just about all i need :)

My father in law is like that he hates JC I think he's funny yes a bit of a clown but that's what makes it. But I agree its not a factual car show really but I enjoy watching it. I like 5th gear too.

Yeah it was Scotland :( bit more than 40 miles from London though :lol:

Sorry but if you are watching Top Gear for consumer advice that went out the window when the 1st version of Top gear was canceled, They had Noel Edmonds, Clarkson and a few of the old Tomorrows World presenters doing it. as iot was a serious consumer show back in the Day.

After it came back 10 years ago, the programme had moved away from consumer advice to just 3 blokes messing around in cars.

Even if it is staged, set up or planned its still entertaining TV, just don't expext any serious motoring news or reviews.

Top Gear is the Soccer AM of Car TV. Just watch it and enjoy it for the silly show it is.

Top Gear is still better than 5th Gear any day of the week for entertaiment, for a slightly more consumer oriantaited show 5th gear fills a hole, all the entertainmnt type stuff is just ripped of Top Gear, instead of a Star in a reasonably priced car they put a sportsman in a supercar.

if it was Pitlochry in Scotland it's the best driving I hav ever done. I had my first impreza up there for a week and spent £1000 in fuel and it was the best money I ever spent but my partner would disagree :wub:  :rolleyes: .

Yes, Top Gear is just about having fun with cars.

It works too as I, along with Bip, Tlag and few few other idiots, have spent thousands over the years copying their ideas. Miles better than a boring normal holiday, so as far as I'm concerned it's a travel show!

• Like 2

All I know is... I'm not the Stig. But I would love one of there jobs. So Mr Clarkson if you are reading this and you want to sack James May just feel free to PM me. I'm sure we can talk wages after :D

Also the American Top Gear with Tanner Faust is Pretty god, they showed the 1st season on BBC3 but I havent seen anything more if it since last year.

think it got cancelled : (

with regards to watching it as a factual program i didn't say it ever was, i just think the 'new format' ones a couple years ago had more car based stuff as to the more recent ones, which is a shame as now fitth gear is on discovery it leaves one show on terrestrial

don't get me wrong  i wasn't slagging it off as a tv show goes it's good just wish there was a bit more in the way of motors, 

• Like 1