I have a dilemma!

Ash3000k

Im running td05, not much life left in it though, decat, tmic, standard weak **** injectors, 380 greys on v2, remapped via z4-esl board to 262bhp, id recommend all the above mods, and then if youre looking for more power try a td05 or a decent vf or newer equivalent then just get map updated, just keep on top of that bottom end

Thanks! + can you expand on " just keep on top of that bottom end" as I'm new to scoobs! haha

Likely referring to the bottom end bearings. Quite a common cause of engine failure. Keep on top of it with frequent oil checks and keeping to a regular service program. A lot of us service twice as often as the guide suggests. I do oil every 3500 miles.

as above most subarus have a bottom end failure at some point I imagine, if youre going to put more power through it be sure to get it serviced regularly i go every 4k or less, just dont be a chav and thrash it and put some fresh oil through it, many use millars or castrol and it will see you well for a long time, i know a guy with a standard bug has had it 7 years only ever replaced a power steering pump, serviced regularly and he still does 130 on track day, look after it is basically what im getting at dont expect big power and performance from a neglected engine!

• Like 2