vaccum hoses

HULKSCOOBY

So still trying to sort everything out that the divvy tinkered with on this impreza. I have found a vaccum hose that comes of the the manifold and goes to a 3 way connector, its not a normal plastic joint, it is a metal block with a very narrow pipe coming off it, looks like it could be factory fitted but not sure this pipe goes off and is plugged at the end, the other connector goes to the boost solenoid near the drivers side wing. any advice would be appreciated.

regards Mike

Cant say that this is fun. Sick to death of all the stupid things the previous owner has botched! I had one of the HID headlights go out so after check the bulb i took a look at the wiring, the earth cable wasnt connected to anything! !!

Wow. That's the problem picking up someone's project. It's a good learning curve and a no ding process for you and the car. I was lucky to have fully standard so everything I've done I know where it is and what it goes too.

Ok the car was boosting around 9-10psi wether i had the standard ecu or the gems ecu in. The top and bottom hoses where the wrong way round, its supposed to be running 285bhp on the gems ecu boost peaked at around 19psi does this sound right?! Unfortunately i only got 2 miles down the road and a hose split?!

Just read back over the thread if that pipe goes from manifold to bottom of boost solenoid it's in the wrong place.

From the manifold it wants to go in the sensor above the solenoid. The bottom of the solenoid wants to go into the intake pipe pre-turbo