Aerial Upgrade?

I noticed the FM reception in my new Scuby wasn't as good as my old Astra. Looking into it in a bit more detail I found out the aerial is just a bit of wire embedded in the rear window :o . Does anyone recommend any particular upgrade?

I tried one of them digital radio aerials that goes in the back window still sucked :( didn't realize how poor it was until I had to drive it more why the bugeye was off the road :(  did toy with the idea of drilling one but thought of it make me wince lol 

digi aerial and radio are a more expensive option but best way I found was to drill and plumb in new bee sting - Rally cars drill for their two way comms so it doesnt spoil the look of the car (IMO)

I drilled - process

Big deep breath

measure lots to ensure half way across roof

take lining down inside

centre tap with hole punch

brand new drill bit for pilot hole

brand new drill for larger hole

use a coating of black heavy duty sealant inbetween the unit and the roof prior to winding the nut tight

• Like 1

I don't know if Impreza's have the same as Outbacks, but just a thought if so - is there an aerial amplifier and is it working? The OB has wire aerial embedded in back window with amplifier for the signal within the rear hatch, feeding the radio.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you were right Greenmamba. While I was fitting some sound proofer to the boot, I found an electrical box cable tied to the inside on the near-side rear wing. A couple of wire looked like they went off to the roof. I checked all the connections were in well. Now the radio works much better :) .

• Like 1