Perrin oil catch return tank

I fitted my catch can to simplify things a bit and stop oil entering the intake .

Mine is only a cheap vta but has stopped the oil collecting in the intake pipe work .

Does yours return to sump or vta as it sounds like it's possibly not releasing the pressure as it should

Looking at that link of the type of catch can you have it seems like it's supposed to separate the condensation and oil then return the oil to sump/block and the water vapour (not oil) back into the intake

Unfortunately I haven't got much experience with anything other than catch cans as the cheap one on my classic is the first one I've ever fitted or owned .

oil separators are a bit more technical as they're supposed to separate the oil and water vapour with baffles and get rid of it rather than just catching it . I do find it a bit strange that your getting excessive oil coming out of the dv as any access oil should surely be returned to sump/block (if it's been fitted correctly)

It could just be old oil in the intercooler/pipe work that's being pushed through and hopefully it's not your turbo seals on the way out or a fitting issue

If a garage fitted for you I'd probably just let them have a squint to try to find out why it's got oil in the intake air when it should be separated and returned back into the block

• Like 1