New in Derbyshire is there any scoobies out there?

Hi All,

After thinking long and hard i purchased my second Subaru today drove it home and wondered why I ever sold my last one, but all is now good and i am happy, insurance was a bit of a shock though especially as i am 42! 

So I am now a member of a subaru owners club and planning to go to the Jap show at santa pod this weekend .

Anyway just thought i would introduce myself and say Hi.

hi mate

welcome to the club

there are loads of owners around Sheffield/Chesterfield area

on a Saturday morning a few lads normally meet at scoobyclinic for a chat

the next Sheffield meet is on Monday 13th July from 7pm at Sheffield Subaru Service

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies, my Scooby is an 03 WRX with a bit of history, in terms of seen it around a few years back then it disappeared and remerged on gumtree this week. I remembered the car and knew someone had spent some good money on the mods, the dyno printout was from Noble motorsports showing 336.5HP and I know what parts went into it as well they came from Bolsover car care and are HKS so knew quality was there. so its a local motor returned home.

Can't seem to upload images though for some reason, any idea how you do this?

Anyway sorry about that but if you want to see the car its on gumtree black impreza NJ03ZCT advertised in Sheffield.

i think its a good start to get back into Scoobies, yes there are a few bits and pieces like a stupid carbon bonnet and daft massive exhaust but for a car to build on and the big thing for me is it's paid for so no finance etc.. 

I daren't go to Scooby clinic yet it as I am in the new ownership buy everything i can mode at the minute and want to enjoy as is before blowing more cash, besides that i want to wait for Japshow to see what goodies i can manage to get. 

Is it a convoy so to speak to the pod or just a turn up and be seen day?

cheers

http://uk.subaruownersclub.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9893-JapShow-2015---Sunday-5th-July

Here is the link for japshow. Pop in there and make some noise. I'm travelling from the south so can't help you with convoys but Im sure one of the guys in the topic will help you.

With pictures, are you using tapatalk?

Welcome.

they don't bite up at scoobyclinic, may do upon request though,, hahahahaha

all are welcome on a saturday mate :) alot just pop up for a social and pork pie

Hi mate welcome, both myself and nick are traveling south on the m1 I'm meeting nick in Sheffield around 06.45 so if you want to rendezvous somewhere along the way the more the merrier

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Thanks Guys for all the replies, I am not using tapatalk just a normal laptop and can't upload images, in terms of meeting up along the way thanks, what time are you planning on making it to Santapod on Sunday?

Cheers

go on then I will make it to the Scooby clinic Saturday morning but have to be careful in the shop bit! or i will leave looking like i just drove through a Halfords

I need to de-chav my impreza cause I don't like the bonnet or exhaust does anyone know if you can quite down a full decat pipe?

the decat will increase the noise, but the choice of exhaust will change the overall sound.

have a look for quieter exhausts, a lot of people sell them because they are too quiet. a couple that spring to mind are milltek and Hayward and Scott (H & S) both are known for being quiet, but also make good power, the disadvantage is the price, neither are cheap

• Like 1

Thanks I will have a look at them, heard of Milltek but not the Hayward and Scott. I presume someone like Scoobyclinic will be able to get hold of them and fit them, then I can eBay of the decat one. Do I need a remap after?

I also managed to get my pictures uploaded yipee!!! even have a gallery now.

Thanks

are you wanting to keep the decat downpipe or fit a std cat downpipe or fit a sports cat?

the clinic deal with milltek, not sure about H & S

if you just swap the cat back section, it will be fine. if you fit a cat pipe or sports cat it will need a remap

To be honest I don't know all I know is it is too loud and I want to reduce the noise down without losing any power. Think I will ask Scooby clinic Saturday see what they recommend who knows, I might even try and do the full weekend at the pod did'nt know you could until today.

camping good old days!!

Thanks Guys for all the replies, I am not using tapatalk just a normal laptop and can't upload images, in terms of meeting up along the way thanks, what time are you planning on making it to Santapod on Sunday?

Cheers

go on then I will make it to the Scooby clinic Saturday morning but have to be careful in the shop bit! or i will leave looking like i just drove through a Halfords! 

I need to de-chav my impreza cause I don't like the bonnet or exhaust does anyone know if you can quite down a full decat pipe?

hahaha, im up this saturday, what time you planning to head up for?

only way will be to replace it with a race spec decat designed to flow well but be quieter

• Like 1

With regards to japshow were heading down the m1 around 07.00 from Sheffield, no idea where abouts in Derbyshire your located & if it's any good to you ?

• Like 1

Cheers for all the replies, sorry not replied been working away but now am back. 

Dropped the car off for the grills to be painted black to try and tone down the blingy look and i must say the bonnet is now growing on me so could live with it for now.

Can't do Santa pod on Saturday now unfortunately family plans

Let me know I am just of junction 29 on the M1 7 a.m sounds good. 

what about the services at Tibshelf between junction 29 and 28 for a meeting point ? if I get their for around 7:15am ??????

Cheers

Jason

Hi mate, yeah should be good for that I'm meeting nick at j33 @ 06.45 so we'll head down to Tibshelf shouldn't take that long, I'll pm you my phone number

Although not as widely known as Miltek, the Hayward and Scott exhausts I've had in the past have been fantastic build and great classic Scooby sound. Good balance between quiet on motorway/normal drive and good classic sound when on the beans. Really tempted on one for my new STi..... Hmmmmmm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1