oil pressure gauge install

stants

is it literally a case of putting one of these on, a sender unit and wiring a gauge up in the cabin ?

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/121139700769?var=gv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y&cbt=y&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=65&ff19=0

any other alternatives or easier ways ?

cheers

My oil pressure gauge is wired to a sender under alternator. Not sure if there is a guide on Youtube will have a look when I get chance. I know you can buy another kit that goes above the oil filter which is really easy. and you can add the oil temp too.

i've not bought the gauge yet just sorta pricing up and working out the fitting/complexity i'm pretty good with a spanner but electricals scare me a bit :-*

i've seen some threads where an oil galley has been removed from the top /back of the block near where the intercooler is located.

ideally i want one i just install and leave some of the oil filter sandwich plate ones have leakage issues as they get disturbed at oil change time.

it would just be a good addition to be able to see what's going on mainly for piece of mind , as by the time the warning light comes on it's prob too late (don't worry i check my oil weekly) i won't be releying on either as my only source of oil level

I believe it's a case of take the original sender off, fit a spacer type plug thing, usually in the kit, and fit the sender on top of that, basically putting the plug in between engine and sender, Appologies if that's what the link is for I didn't look, it's not hard to do and Sandwich plates are prone to leaks due to lazy gits not checking and cleaning the seals on them come service time

I have had a sandwich plate on my Legacy for some time now and never had an issue. I was sceptical to begin with, so I regularly checked for any leaks. It's been fine so far, but I do check it over at every oil change. 

I just changed my oil pressure and oil temp gauges on Friday. The new gauges came with everything. I fitted the senders in the sandwich plate, then routed the wires into the cabin through a rubber grommet in the bulkhead. then passed them up behind the dash to the a-pillar, where they plugged into the gauges, the gauges daisy-chain each other for the power so theres only one set of connections to make.

Permanent live

ignition live

lights live

earth

I took the permanent, ignition live and earth from the turbo timer plug in loom. Then I took the lights live from the loom for the front fog light switch. (just because it was closest to the a-pillar and I didn't have a lot of spare wire)

Just about 2hrs but only because it was so hot and I kept stopping to get cold drinks or to wash the sweat out my eyes! lol

• Like 2

I'm thinking about the prosport ones that aren't daisy'd so not sure if i'll need to run from ywo different feeds or the same one be ok ? I hate electrics ! To think i did a course at college years ago !

I think ot's due to the fact they aren't easily fixed with the aid of hammer.

Maybe a tec day meet up would be a good idea ! Or i'lll just bring all the parts i've accumulated to gambits bbq and bribe people with beer ! (after completion of: ) sad jobs: )

I've got Depo racing gauges. I think they are brilliant value for money. Very responsive, colour changing so you can match them to whatever colour dash lights you've got, peak and warning lights. The quality of them feels great too. They only cost £50 for the oil temp and £65 for the oil pressure and they look and feel as good as Defi's which we all know cost a LOT more money.

I'm thinking about the prosport ones that aren't daisy'd so not sure if i'll need to run from ywo different feeds or the same one be ok ? I hate electrics ! To think i did a course at college years ago !

I think ot's due to the fact they aren't easily fixed with the aid of hammer.

Maybe a tec day meet up would be a good idea ! Or i'lll just bring all the parts i've accumulated to gambits bbq and bribe people with beer ! (after completion of: ) sad jobs: )

Running from the same power source shouldn't be an issue. Personally, i'm not a fan of the prosport gauges, i find them to be a bit slow or delayed. Corrct me if i'm wrong but i'm not sure they even dim when the lights are on. But it's all down to what you want them to do and personal taste. Don't let me put you off.

I 2nd going for the Depo Guages over Prosport.

I bought a Depo Boost Guage and they come with everything you need to fit them in the box.

Not had a chance to test fit mine yet but they do look very good quality for the money. Almost defi like, but a whole lot chearper :)

They look good mate like the set up to :) I take it that's boost in the middle ?

I have the Pro sport evo series and no they don't dim but I like them :) if there is a delay I have not seen it myself. 

http://prosportgauges.com/evo-series-Red-and-Blue.aspx

Oh and feel free to bribe me with Beer. Might not work right after a few but I can put them in the car like on the back seat or something :D 

Didn't fancy the 3 on the pillar then :) I take it, it makes it better to see there when you're doing speed runs and things. I know I don't really look at mine to much unless I'm sat at traffic lights :)

cool i'll have a look at the depo ones, literally will be oil pressure, them maybe boost and another temp gauge at some point,

not sure about the location as of yet may go for some 42mm ones and fit the in the din cubby hole,

did you get the deop ones from a uk distributor ?

No I think the 3 gauge pod is a bit over the top. Plus, I have never seen one for a legacy so I would have to make it myself. The pod I have is really rare. I have never seen another one. Having such a small boost gauge in the middle is perfect in my opinion. It doesn't obstruct the drivers' view of anything else and it matches the rest of the dials perfectly, even illuminating green. :)

I got my Depo's from an eBay retailer.

I agree I did think about having 3 for my car but they do look to much. I still need to get a double pod for mine seen one on eBay for less then £30 sheets. Shame that site only does the center pods for more then one pod :( 

They look good mate like the set up to :) I take it that's boost in the middle ?

I have the Pro sport evo series and no they don't dim but I like them :) if there is a delay I have not seen it myself. 

http://prosportgauges.com/evo-series-Red-and-Blue.aspx

Oh and feel free to bribe me with Beer. Might not work right after a few but I can put them in the car like on the back seat or something

:D 

This was my biggest concern having half the dash on the back seat and a butcherd loom, so all beer payment would be made after sucessful test run ! : )