still knocking

auldboy58

hi guys,when I finally got round to doing link rods,I found there was nowt wrong with them,passengers side still knocking,ball joint I think,anyway,when I took the wheel off the drivers side I noticed a kind of linkage coming from a plug which has broken away from a small anchor plate in behind the brake caliper,can any of you guys tell me the name of the linkage so I can order the part,cheers.

Only other thing I can think of with a proper linkage that connects to a plate & would only be on drives side would be height sensor for models with HID headlights ...

If still knocking then ball joint is possible & quite common, should be able see play in it & actual ball joint not expensive: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Moog-OE-Quality-Replacement-Suspension-Ball-Joint-SU-BJ-104141-/131632896273

• Like 1

As Mr B says the linkage IS for H.I.D. headlights.does anyone have a clue where to source one of these as theres only 2 on eBay and there in Lithuania @ £130 each+post,so my query is,are these headlights adjustable manually under the bonnet.

^ no they not.

if linkage/mount just broken/corroded then a linkage & mount can be fabricated.

You could try ICP importcarparts.co.uk as they might be able supply one, other option is subaru breakers ! :-/