Droplinks and Powerflex ARB bushes 2.5XT MY04

theador

Hello all. 

My ARB bushes are shot, so I want to replace them with PU ones. Looking at the power flex site, they list them in 19, 20, 21 and 22mm sizes. I imagine this is to accommodate different diameter ARB's. 

Can anyone tell me which is the correct size for a standard ARB on a Forester 2.5XT UK spec MY04?

Also I imagine the drop links will be shot so can anyone recommend some nice heavy duty ones? I guess Meyle would be good?

Have a look at the whitleine ones depicts on what kind of budget your looking at, the droplinks are good quality, as for the arb bushes it's best to measure the bar as it could be what's on the car is different to 'spec sheet'

• Like 1

Depends again on what manufacturer you buy from some are pre cut and others aren't. If your removing the bar from the car it's not an issue ,bit of a pain trying to wiggle It into place I imagine, but I can't see any problems with slicing them open.

Here's a pic of the whitline ones I bought

e2cb454c502d5da9f8be14d8926d44d8.jpg

However I ordered from their catalogue part no's and cross referenced on some subaru parts sellers turns out they were the wrong ones, too big and have ridges in them. But they are black and do come pre cut

Lol. All show no go.

They're not disimilar in price to the Powerflex Black series, which also see to have ridges.

http://www.powerflex.co.uk/black-series/product-details/Front+Anti+Roll+Bar+Bush/9227.html

Here's a pic of the whitline ones I bought e2cb454c502d5da9f8be14d8926d44d8.jpg

However I ordered from their catalogue part no's and cross referenced on some subaru parts sellers turns out they were the wrong ones, too big and have ridges in them. But they are black and do come pre cut

Haha I know if i'd have looked under the car 1st i'd have seen they were wrong, ended up needing the impreza ones of the same year, I also ended up changing to the metal rear droplinks and a thicker bar but that's another story,

Not too shabby at all.

If it's of any use to anyone; I've just measured up and my 2004 Forester 2.5XT UK Spec (imported from Guernsey) has 20mm ARB on the front and 17mm on the rear.

I'm rather embarrassed; I didn't even notice that when I did the shocks. Oops.

Yeah the whole underside needs a good clean, the previous owners used it to get around their farm.

Bought the ARB :)

Have a look at pic no7 on the eBay ad you'll need to imagine the big bend being the other way up and over the exhaust, i'd clean all that mud off the fuel filler they rust out eventually [emoji26]