2.0GX estate - should i?

MightyBoosh

hi everyone.

new here and contemplating getting a 2.0GX impreza estate (05 blobeye type model i reckon).

just wondering what other scoobie owners thought of the non turbo models? - i cant afford or even get insurance on a wrx/sti etc as im only 20 years old. however i can insurance the non turbo 2.0 litre lump.

i currently drive a VW Passat tdi PD130. for those of you who know they are very good cars. however ive always loved subarus for their looks, performance and Japanese charm.

Please let me know your thoughts on the GX estate.

thanks.

Hello & welcome, there's nowt wrong with the gx models good cars & looked after they'll go on forever, however your current pasat will be quicker and have more torque so if your looking for an increase in performance it won't happen, you will however gain 4wd and be able to go just about anywhere with a smug look on your face

• Like 1

Hello & welcome, there's nowt wrong with the gx models good cars & looked after they'll go on forever, however your current pasat will be quicker and have more torque so if your looking for an increase in performance it won't happen, you will however gain 4wd and be able to go just about anywhere with a smug look on your face

although a performance gain would be nice thats not what im looking for. sure if i could insure a wrx/sti i would without hesitation but its not fisable at the moment. as mentioned i love the subaru for its looks (maybe not the bugeye though) so.

the Passat shifts like you wouldnt expect for an almost 1700kg car whereas the impreza is around 300kg lighter so im hoping performance wont be too lacking in the GX. either way it'd be adequate for me for now. I thought i could buy a GX, learn about these cars, experience owning one and driving one then if i moved onto a wrx/sti in the future id have plenty of knowledge about them.

either way im glad the GX's are still respected here and not lauhged at.

thanks for the welcome.

We're not like 'other' oc's as long as it has six stars on then it's all good, going on a bit of a tangent have you looked at legacies or foresters in regards to insurance ? They tend to be in lower groups than the impreza

maybe if i went to scooby net they wouldnt be so understanding? in all seriousness is scooby net worth signing up to too?

i havent looked at those two to be honest. mainly due to the fact i prefer the impreza's styling the most. i will however give it some though. 

Fair enough on the styling wise I know where your coming from, the na foz may not be as involving drive as the impreza. I'm not on s net so can't comment but we don't judge or get into slanging matches etc just good banter and friendly grownup advice (mostly) [emoji51]

The gx is vary reliable despite haters saying all boxer engines blow bearings...200k is no problem for them plus you can laugh at haters as it still has awd

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Cool man. glad to hear reliability is strong. the dont seem too expensive either. there a nice one 6 miles away from me on autotrader for 2950 with 66k miles, that doesnt sound bad at all considering i payed 2500 for my passat with 125k miles