Cooling system

Hi guys.on my 2007 wrx hatch my header tank is allways empty when i look in it,the tank on front of the radiator is allways full to the top,is that a overflow tank and does coolant reculate that goes into their?the car has no heating problems,just like to no why its like this and have to keep topping header tank up and emptying that bottle on front of radiator.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

It was full to about a inch from top of bottle when i look this morning and maybe a inch in bottom of header tank,will see what its like again in morning as will be dark when i finish work.i noticed when i got out car last night it had that smell like their was no collant in it but temp gauge was normal.

They're a pain to bleed the air out of! Try parking it with the front of the car facing uphill and leave the radiator cap off over night. Top it up if it needs it in the morning.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

When my old classic spat all its water out the needle still read middle(good temp). Needless to say it was fubard. Not sure it would be the same on newer models.

The header tank should always be full. As widesam said, does sound like an air lock. Once you are topped up make sure the heaters blow hot inside the car.

Tried what you said but no joy still the same,so am goin to drain it again and try again,it must be trapt air as keep seeing boubles in header tank.whats best thing to do when put coolant back in?

Don't let it glug in trapping air between the glugs. Fill it up through the header tank. Burp the top hose. I leave the cap off and start the car once it looks full. If the level of the header tank drops I'm stood there topping it up before air can enter. When it stops taking water check heaters are hot and top up overflow. Keep an eye on it.

Well drain car againtop up how you guys said and all seamed ok.drove about all day were i live check it header stiff full,great,got up yesterday check still full,drove about 100mph went to blackpool for day from yorkshire,car drove like a dream no probs,check wayer before setting off home,header still full,very happy,drove home no probs again,check it today no water in header all in over flow again,coolant is flowin round system when take header cap off and start car it fills up and can see it flowin round.so dont no if take garage let them have look.