Strange boosting issue

So..bit of a strange one. After exiting a roundabout in 2nd and applying the loud peddle I only got 0.7-8 bar boost. I'm set to 1.3. Into 3rd and had full boost. Went up the road to have a testing session. Tried again and 2nd gave me full boost. Pulled up at a set of lights. Didn't go full launch but once in to the gear I gave it some again in 1st and only got 1.0-1bar. Into 2nd and had full boost again no further issues. Got home and had a listen/check. Couldn't hear any air leaks or dodgy isles. No cel on during the issue period.

So, brains ready. Let's have a pick. What do you reckon?

Has your boost solinoid had a clean since you've owned it and How much fuel was in the tank at the time ?

Cos I had 1/4 of a tank and hit boost cut twice on the same bit of road near me .It's when going up hill, hard right then 3/4 throttle in 2nd .

It was fine shortly afterwards in a straight line with nothing logged on the ecu .

I just put it down to fuel slosh in the tank as it only does it on that stretch of road with a 1/4 of a tank

For the time being i just don't "give it full beans" with low fuel exiting a right hander and it seems like a good excuse to put "fit a swirl pot" to my never ending list [emoji5]

Has your boost solinoid had a clean since you've owned it and How much fuel was in the tank at the time ?

Cos I had 1/4 of a tank and hit boost cut twice on the same bit of road near me .It's when going up hill, hard right then 3/4 throttle in 2nd .

It was fine shortly afterwards in a straight line with nothing logged on the ecu .

I just put it down to fuel slosh in the tank as it only does it on that stretch of road with a 1/4 of a tank

For the time being i just don't "give it full beans" with low fuel exiting a right hander and it seems like a good excuse to put "fit a swirl pot" to my never ending list [emoji5]

I know the fuel cut well. I've had it a few times the same way you described. But this wasn't a cut issue. I had rev but only low boost. The fuel cut is quite aggressive and bam there it is. This issue was just the car running normally at reduced boost.

I haven't cleaned the solenoid myself so I may flush it over the weekend.

I do the same at 1/4 tank or less. It catches me out coming off roundabouts sometimes. I thought it was a boost issue until Duncan explained the problem being a poorly designed tank.