Got my first subaru!

mantis147

Hi all,

I'm totally new to subaru's but always fancied the boxer burble!! Randomly stumbled across a 2005 forester 2.5xt post-4973-144088207628_thumb.png

I picked it up today, 1 owner from new, subaru service history and it's done 44k!! Absolutely made up with it, it's a total sleeper/ Wolf in sheep's clothing! I was out for a performance hatchback but had to get this. I will have many questions as I like to do my own mechanical work when possible, if the wife & kids arent on my back haha.

My last car was a 1994 Toyota celica st205 wrc, was forged running 310bhp but sold it last year after 5 years ownership [emoji3]

Who is a good supplier for brake pads/discs?

Cheers

Lee

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hi n welcome to the fold [emoji106]

one of the foz fellas might be able to recommend some options to suit your needs/budget otherwise

Alyn @ Asperformance is worth a call (he's helpful over the phone)

If you know what you need and just want to buy online have a look at the godspeed or aztec performance websites as well [emoji6]

• Like 1

Got it taxed today in the post office so all legal now. Anybody know the volumes of oil in the manual gearbox and the rear diff at all? I have found the oil type on the manual but that's it. Cheers.

I have ordered 5lts of gulf competition hopefully that will be enough. Ordered new brake discs and pads along with some platinum spark plugs. The Cambelt had already been changed although I'm concerned it doesn't mention anything about idler pulleys or waterpump? Just a Cambelt.

Any ideas where I can get subaru workshop manuals cheap? Maybe on cd?