Outback 2005 - how many reversing lights?

mikeymo

Just testing the lights. Should there be two reversing lights? Only the nearside seems to be working, but I can see that the lens is different to the offside, so maybe there's only one. (memories of making a fool of myself at a VW garage complaining that one of the rear fog lights wasn't working - there was only one.)

Yep, one reverse light light on the near side. The other white (led) light on the offside shows red when rear fog is switched on.

What he said lol

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

My problem too. 2006 Japanese import, matches a 2008 model in the US. ( As usual with the Jap imports you don't get the owners manual. The salesman says " that would be no good to you, it's all in Japanese" Little does he know that I work with lots of girls who speak Japanese... ) The hi-intensity tail light doesn't work - there is no switch by the drivers right knee for foglamps, the switch is on the main light lever with all the other gizmos. I pulled the cover off inside the cargo door and unplugged the light from the wiring but I can't get the lamps to light on an external power supply but I didn't push it too hard - the power supply went into current limit! There were no volts on the plug when I turned on the fog lamps - what am I missing?

Cheers - Martin

Regarding the rear fog light (the offside, LED cluster) - assume you have switched it on? The light stalk rotary switch, which first turn switches on the front fogs has a second, non-latching position for the rear fog. It is marked with 2 icons, for each fog light. If that isn't the problem, both it and the non-working high level brake light may be result of break in the loom where it passes through the rubber boot between the hatch and the D post.

Thanks, Greenmamba, I found it. I was being LED astray by the US version of the owners handbook without going to look at the car. The pic from the handbook doesn't show anything more than the one symbol for the fogs, obviously the hi-intensity light is a Japanese and Euro thing.

Cheers - MartinClipboard01.jpg.d6fdfa8e8dab1cb9ba1b6a7b

• 2 weeks later...