Subaru remapping

larry

Hi mate what have you been quoted ? Anywhere between 400-1000 is normal depending on what ecu you have and what's compatable with your year, and all depends on what kind of features your after as well

Some ecu's can run open source software which brings the cost down considerably some need a daughter board grafting on or you could splash out in an all siinging all dancing standalone like syvecs

Try giving these a shot

http://tdracing.co.uk/

O don't get me wrong, syvecs is the way to go if you have the extra cash, i would always go syvecs myself which is why i have one, but for a simple decat and map its prob a tad ott at £2k unless you have the spare money lol

Alcatek will do the job fine

tends to work out a bit more than an ecutek, but the added benefits it brings are worth the extra imo. Can take a couple of visits to the mapper to sort out cold start (uinless you leave it with em for a couple of days) but once thats sorted then all good.

Alkatec is still too expensive I think if he is worried about the 400-1k quotes

Isn't it about 900 quid for that ?

just to add it varies from car year to car year, also anti lag and launch control are cost options, not that you need em on a road car anyway

i bough my vf28 turbo its second hand out of a 45000miles sti version 5.

I am planning on installing it and then when i found a remapping place go there and get it mapped.

Ive been told i can get 310-330bhp safely.