Tuning help.

Haydnp1987

What are u saying tidgy do I need a different subaru engine.?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

As said on the next few posts yes mate.

700bhp from a subaru engine is extremely high and is unlikely to last more than 5-10k miles before needing a refresh if it actualy gets to that level.

Lets try this a different way What's the most power impreza you've been in?

gives us a starting point then :)

700bhp for road use is too much imo, mines been speced up for about 550bhp and that will be daft tbh

i suspect 500 will give you what you want. hoe to get there is the question.

Just to clarify a few points,

It's a road use car

will you be doing drag runs?

will you be doing track days?

to put it into context, this car is mid 600's and while lighter than yours by a way is no use on the road at all,

Also be warry of american tuning figures claiming 600+ etc tend to find they arn't anywhere near that in our figures

No won't b doing any track days or drags.its just my toy for the weekend. The reason for the thread is my car has already had mods done 2 it.using alot of aps parts and I have an aps magazine here and they sell the dr65 turbo 2 produce 700bhp at the flywheel.like I said I haven't the best knowledge in tuning and wounder what other upgrade would be needed for this turbo.i suppose 700bhp is a bit much for the roads.but I would like to get it a little higher.500 550 would be nice.

No won't b doing any track days or drags.its just my toy for the weekend. The reason for the thread is my car has already had mods done 2 it.using alot of aps parts and I have an aps magazine here and they sell the dr65 turbo 2 produce 700bhp at the flywheel.like I said I haven't the best knowledge in tuning and wounder what other upgrade would be needed for this turbo.i suppose 700bhp is a bit much for the roads.but I would like to get it a little higher.500 550 would be nice.

Assuming the pics you put up are your engine then you wont get there. A semi open deck block wont do 700bhp without shatting itself im afraid :(

APS are just bolt on bits and mega expensive for what they are IMO, to get high power figures you need an engine speced from the block upwards, literally every part internal will need to be speced for it, balanced crank, rods, pistons, heads would need to be speced to take it as well valves.

As suggested i would decide what tuner you want to use and take advice from them. Just be aware there a re very few tuner out there who regularly build big power cars.

Only two i would want to use for something like that would be Scoobyclinic or Enginetuner.

no probs, its all a bit of a mine field and just picking a figure is never a good idea. After about 450bhp you'll struggle to use all the power anyway and a well setup 450bhp car will be quicker than a 550bhp throw a big turbo at it car.