Mounting iPad onto the dash

Haarrrllll

I'd love to mount my mostly unused ipad mini onto my dash to give it a new purpose in life. Fan grill mounts are far too flimsy and I'm yet to find a decent suction mount for a tablet. So how about taking out the clock part of the dash and having a fold out ipad there? Has anybody seen this done before? Any help is welcome! 

Thanks!

built a fully working pc with touch screen in my car but it has the older dash than your's, same as the 55 plate blobeye in the garage. but I still had to trim it and rebuild the surround that I'm still doing lol about 3 years later haha. But as for it popping out I've seen people using like mazda satnav rx8 pop device but a job bigger than I would know where to start but I'd have ago :D 

Got some video footage some where lol. But it's good but spend more time taking it in and out lol. Still working project.

And I'm sure it is a rx8 where it pops up from the top of the dash. But think it's huge work to wire in and chopping I didn't fancy it anyway. [emoji15]

Only thing that's holding me back is my mini will become obsolete in a matter of months... Good ol' Apple are not so subtlely phasing it out by releasing bigger updates that put more strain on the small RAM... How does the PC work then? How is it even powered?!

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk