Hey from Essex

Misspeachie

Hey peeps.

I'm a girl from Essex who is looking to get a Impreza 2.0D hatchback. I was going to get a WRX but I cant seem to get insured on one because I haven't driven a car with similar power before (legally). So...my only option is a diesel. I do a lot of miles a year so it probably works out as the better option too.

Before I can get a Scooby, I need to sell my current car (2013 Renault Clio). It is proving to be a bit difficult seeing as it is now the run up to Christmas. But I am hoping I can sell it after the new year.

Can anyone tell me what I should look out for when buying an Impreza diesel? Any common problems etc? I don't want to be buying a lemon.

Thanks in advance,

Leigh x

post-5374-0-25733000-1447666022_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Wotcha and welcome - we have an impreza buyers guide as a sticky, on tapatalk at the moment so I have no chance of finding it ☺ but im someone will be along shortly to point you in right direction. But with the hatch weak points are front top mounts rear arches have a lip in side that collects crud, paint on jnterior door trim is thin so can chip easily so use that to knock price down but it is an easy fix to take out and respray. Original exhaust is mild steel so check if that needs doing. Check for even tyre wear and budget for a 4 wheel alignment check for peace of mind £65. Keep us posted as to progress and feel free to get stuck in - all friendly on here

Thanks for getting back so quickly. Ill take a look at the guide when I have a moment. I will be looking to change the exhaust within the year of having the car anyway so that's not an issue. But I will definitely look at the other points you have made.

Thank you for the warm welcome too. I am pretty sure I will post up a few questions soon.

Hello, how many miles a year do you do &is it mainly long motorway commutes ? The 1st gen diesels had issues with glow plugs getting stuck, and dpf failures, as far as I'm aware glow plug issues have been sorted on the latest models and the dpf clogging issues shouldn't be a problem if it's loads of long motorway trips

I will be doing around 13k a year. I go to shows a good few times a year (usually a 1hr 30mins drive), I drive to my boyfriend's house a few times a week (30 mins dual carriageway drive) and I have to do a 2-3 hour drive for work a few times every 2 months.