Get Audio system out of 'Security'

lesdrake105

Greetings Legacy fans!  I've just bought a 2nd-hand 08 Legacy and the audio system doesn't work properly.  I can't get past 'Security' for any length of time.  I have disconnected the system -at the battery- and that worked for about 20 minutes and the system then reverted to the impenetrable.  The manual doesn't seem to have anything about it.  Any ideas?  I had a Subaru in America and it was terrific.  I hope to get this niggle sorted soon.  THANKS

Welcome aboard, if it's asking for a code you can usually get it from a main dealer, you just need your ID and log book, there's usually a small charge but cheaper than a new unit

there is not that many radio's on Scooby's that hav radio codes just check it not a fault on radio ;). 08 ones r ones that do so you may be able to get radio code from Scooby but looked on some forums and could not get one or any mention of them sorting problem. most just change Stereo to after market. 

this may help http://bbs.scoobynet.com/wales-26/676820-double-din-legacy-upgrade.html but I would look at getting code if it is that or it will cost mega bucks..... some places have been taking about it linked to ecu OMG. does not look that easy to change to after market  does yours have auto aircon.http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/official-dual-hvac-double-din-jdm-kit-thread-113589.html?t=113589 here is another how to.

yeh, me and dogma are just discussing this now, i've had a few VW's that have various parts in the car coded into the immobiliser system, if the radio has been used from another forester then this could be the issue, the car will still work as normal but the part that doesn't belong in that loop won't work as it could be stolen so the car has rendered it immobile, some dealers will code it in for you some won't, could be the issue you have, not sure if subie's have the same setup but it's a possibility, it's on VW's after 2001

• Like 2