Questionable bhp?

Phila67

Ok. So I am running 278bhp on a wrx (had been done before I bought the car). I had a spat with a golf gti tonight. Beat em, but would have thought I should have trounced them into next week. So now I'm thinking if the printout that came with the car is accurate. So....two things. Is it the way I'm driving and can anyone recommend a dyno in/near Leeds

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For a decat, full exhaust and remap, running spot on with v-power that sounds just about possible on a really good engine, a ppp is supposed to be 265bhp with a cat and generic map. What type of golf gti is it? Don't forget the newer ones are pretty powerful, and with a remap would be rapid. Plus I always struggle getting power down because of too much grip, so until I'm slightly rolling I can't really launch hard. Although I surprised an m3 off the line today- just to storm past me a few seconds later.....

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Not sure if its too far for you but you could go to Scoobyclinic in Chesterfield.  I've been there today with my gf to get our cars mapped. Her only mod is full decat exhaust - Japspeed downpipe, standard de-gutted up pipe and 3" toyosports catback and pushed 274hp after remap. Mine is similar but with panel filter and Walbro fuel pump but did only dissapointing 250hp. I'm going back on Monday for diagnostics and compression test...

I've visited sc in the past. Seem to have a great setup. Maybe I'm expecting too much from the old girl. Had a k&n filter but took it out as I had read a few times that it stuffs your MAF. With setup I have, will a walbro fuel pump make any difference?

I've visited sc in the past. Seem to have a great setup. Maybe I'm expecting too much from the old girl. Had a k&n filter but took it out as I had read a few times that it stuffs your MAF. With setup I have, will a walbro fuel pump make any difference?

http://www.andyforrestperformance.co.uk/26032.html

The link may be useful.  

Most people will say an oiled filter is not a good idea due to the potential to fudge the maf and in turn your engine.  Some people have used them for years with no issue so.....  

Theres no performance benefit Ive ever seen for an oiled cotton filter e.g. K&N over a dry filter e.g. Cosworth, STI, Ramair etc, so for me its a no brainer.