Car covers

Cosmicalien

Hello everyone hope you all are well. I've recently brought a Halfords car breathable cover hoping it will keep my car dry. Upon removing the cover I found the car covered in light condensation this may be a stupid question is this bad for my car. The windscreen was also covered in condensation on the inside. Any idea's on how to proceed further to protect the car please . I have no garage the wife converted it into a kitchen. 

I also have this cover, great from summer but in this weather I get the same but not the inside the windscreen issue.......

ive only had mine since the summer, and already the inner material is flaking off and again, taking the cover off not only do I have light condensation on the car and get white bits over the car (and no it's not me getting excited that I'm just about to get in and drive it) lol lucky the car is waxed up and with a quick wipe and then quick detailer as she warms up it hasn't caused any problems for me, but I will be replacing this cover ASAP 

Hello looks like i need another better cover. I've only used it once aswell. I take it it can't be good for the car in the long run. Thanks Scoobydoobydan makes wonder what part of the cover is breathable maybe the underside where there is no cover lol. Thanks again fella. 

• Like 1

I haven't really looked into it any further Geoffleggy . My car is currently at the body shop having a STI spoiler put on,  a vortex generator and HT Auto rear diffuser. The guys at the bodyshop told me not to use a cover on fresh paint. So I'll look into a cover I'm a couple of months. I to have seen a few for about £30 are you on about USA sourced. 

Thanks Cosmicalien 

• 2 weeks later...

Is it worth saving up for a decent cover? I've seen some for up to £160 id assume they'd be amazing but my friend had a cheap cover on his jeep to stop it getting covered it bird **** but instead it seeped through and stained his paint, but it was ALOT of **** and he left it for like a couple months?