First timer

Drew

Hey all,

Just joined up to the forum as I'm currently in the market for Impreza STI. Trying to soak up as much info as possible to have the best chance of getting a good one. I've got a budget of around £9k. Long time lover of Subaru's, but never owned one.

I'll probably start another topic in time with some advice on what to look for etc. But in the meantime any advice welcome!

Thanks

Drew

Welcome!

£9k should find you something nice.  Both are nice motors, lots of information on here about them and possible reasons for choosing one over the other, engine size etc.  A JDM Hawkeye STI 2.0 would be ace but you wont find one for £9k I dont think?

• 2 years later...

Well I thought I'd resurrect my old thread! I never did buy an Impreza back in 2016. I looked at a number of them and was very close to buying a nice 2003 UK spec Blobeye but didn't go through with it. New relationship meant I was doing more miles and spending a lot more money, so felt a Subaru would bankrupt me. I may have been right.

Opted instead later that year to go for the cheap runaround daily + a nice Eunos Roadster for weekend fun etc. That's been great and I've had a blast driving it, doing a few track days, modifying it and learning to do some of my own spannering. That car has taught me a lot.

Now the Eunos has got a pretty aggressive set up, very low and stiff, bucket seats, harness etc. and it's not so much fun on the road! Certainly a bit of a ball-ache for a weekend away for example. So I'm finding myself driving the cheap crappy daily more often - no fun!

So I'm back in the market for a car I've lusted over for far too long. Going to view a JDM spec, 2003 Blob this weekend. I have more of an idea of what I want now and know a bit more about them from reading and chatting to owners over the years. 

Ideal spec I'm looking is a JDM one with DCCD. Widetrack would be nice but they seem to be a little over my budget for a JDM one, so don't mind an earlier one. Ideal colour is white with gold wheels. Blue is a very close second though, so wouldn't mind if I found a good one not in white. c.£10k budget.

Hopefully be able to check back in soon with a nice car to show off. Wanted one for too long! Now is the time... 🤗

Welcome back! 

Hope you find what you’re looking for! If you’re fairly used to fettling with the mx then you should adapt to the Subaru fairly quickly (once you get used to the engine layout of course). 

Look forward to seeing your purchase!