Upgrade to DCCD Widetrack model or bigger turbo?

mfnick

hi,personally if it was me i would be looking at buying the 1 on pistonheads for the reason i like to make the car my own and if i bought 1 with lots mods i would always think to my self this is someone elses dream car not my own spec,n a car with all that done to it like the gum tree 1 is defo going to have been booted a lot i would say,the piston head 1 has the swooping red gauges the other dont,thats a plus in my book,and another thing,that on gum tree has been for sale for a while i remember looking at it a while ago on autotrader or it was 1 very simeler,and would you really be happy with that 1 when you no you really want the wide track version :biggrin:

You're right, I'd regret buying that 450bhp one too. May have DCCD but won't get the full benefit and experience the bigger change without the wider track too. 

I went and looked at the JDM one yesterday. May have agreed to buy it... Haha! It's got a knock coming from somewhere at rear so he's sorting that and converting the speedo to MPH for me then I'll be collecting :D . Fair play to the guy he was the one who heard and pointed out the knock too. Was actually a top notch bloke. I didn't even go and look at that other UK one after driving it, totally different beast to the UK model in how it drives. Now I need a JDM one haha! Makes the extra money I'm putting in more worthwhile too since it's a far bigger change to just swapping for a UK widetrack.

only 1 significant problem. No burble 😭 . Well, it's still there very slightly and hopefully a different exhaust will make it more pronounced.... May have to convert to a single scroll one day if I can't get it to sound any better... Has a awesome top end scream though with the twinscroll. 

Im still looking just in case a better one turns up while he's sorting it, going to view another today actually. But think that's the one I'm getting :). 

• Like 2

Cheers mate :).

Yea shame you can't pal, would have been great for you.

Went and looked at that other one earlier, bit poor to be honest and seller didn't know much at all about them, I knew more than him.

Had the boot leak problem, I actually sorted that while there, was just missing a grommet. But it's obviously been like that for ages, had rusted up under the spare wheel - only surface rust but still needs sorting. And the side skirt had cracked and was rusting underneath- had obviously been caught. Brake discs need replacing too. I pointed all this out to him yet he wouldn't budge on price...

In fact he was on about changing the exhaust and getting a generic map put on it to try and get a bit more for it. One to avoid.