Johnny

Johnny1

Every car makes different power, some take to a map better so you may make more or less, but you will get better torque mpg & an increase in hp regardless of final figure,

As for the piston issues I believe it was Ringland failure due to running lean ? But there was a recall to address this, but always worth getting it on a dyno for a power run to make sure it's all ok

• Like 1

Yes get the remap - Subaru will do a patch which allegedly sorts the running lean on pot 4 which results in ringland failure - however later model 330's have still suffered in some cases from ringland failure.

When I enquired with my STi with PPP pack installed same as 330s I was advised the PPP tunes addressed this - I dont know which model you have, assuming the 295 bhp WRX STi version but I would def get a remap by an independant instead of the subaru patch the reason being you get a map tailored to your specific vehicle which will give results as described above as well as power with sports backbox and hi flow filter (330 bhp or there abouts)

Also please be aware lack of oil can also be a cause of failure with these engines so if you are looking at track work where lots of high speed corners and higher revs cause engine oil flow away from pickup in sump I would advise looking at sump baffles and upgraded oil pump

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

All the Subaru patch did was lower the Rev limit by 500 rpm as the standard map is crap as the was somthing towards the top end of the Rev range ,I think the tgvs used to shut and lean the engine out putting huge strain on internals tbh the patch will not improve reliability of the motor maybe just provide you with a placebo . Really you need an ecutek or similar software installed which will help knock protection and also replace any of the dodgy subie map, also look into getting an aos ( air oil separator) mishimoto do a nice kit .. to begin with this will help but inevitably you need to be thinking about getting Pistons , head studs, bearings and gaskets done wich is in the ball park of 3k. All in

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

• Like 1