Sump swap questions.

Swoggles

Hello, i have a 05 wrx and have been looking at swapping the sump to an 06+ sti one, i hear they have better baffling and a better area for oil pick up. As i want to get on track i was hoping to prevent any oil starvation. Firstly has anyone done this? Also the oil capacity goes down apparently. So will less capacity and better pick up be any better than more capacity and the standard sump? Im also looking at getting a rcm baffle plate, however i cant afford a £600 baffled sump. Any advice will be greatly appreciated, cheers!

the problem is the oil stays in the heads under extended track conditions / heavy cornering etc baffles reduce this to a degree but a smaller sump without a baffle will not.

a baffle is one way - most cost effective or a dry sump is a more effective (and expensive) way of addressing oil starvation 

I will have to talk to this alyn you speak off, seen his a few times today. Thats a good phrase, im gonna use that. 

I have read people just put a little bit more oil in? Also the wrx sump has a greater capacity apparently so on those long corners it would have more oil to pump until im out of the corner? 

Does anyone have starvation problems on track? Im having my engine rebuilt after a headgasket went so im trying to do reliability mods. Am i being to paranoid?