Wanting to borrow wheels???

Clinton

Hi guys,

I would really like to get my wheels refurbed so would like to borrow some wheels for a few days whilst there getting done & would like to know if anyone has a spare set (with legal tyre tread) lying around?

Im happy to leave a deposit aswell as a fee for borrowing the wheels as i would really appreciate it?

Im based in Hertfordshire (Hemel Hemstead)

If you could let me know that would be fantastic as i cant think of any other way of being able to get them done otherwise.

Thanks

Clinton

If I had some mate would be happy to have lent you some and lived closer :) But I've sold the last set I had as they was doing my head in taking up room in the garage :( 

Thanks. I was able to buy a cheap set when i got my Type R alloys done and someone lent me some when i got my Supra alloys done but im getting the feeling im going to struggle here :(

I would have thought someone would be up for earning a bit of cash for doing nothing ;)

Anyone...

Clinton

Pete have you had it done by a mobile guy I just want to know does it cost a lot more to do it that way ? I know Clinton is willing to pay to borrow some alloy's but just wanted to know what the cost would be. For me it was £40 for the tyres to be taken off £120 for all four alloys to be tarted up. I've never really looked into mobile guys. But I guess if they was going for carbon dipping wouldn't be any good.

So works out about the same really part from it's 3 days once the place have the alloys so for here. So worth trying the mobile alloy guy then :) 

To be fair I didn't think about the mobile units so Kudos to you Pete ;) 

Why not call a mobile refurb chap? thery will come to home or work and will do 4 wheels in about 5 hours, job done no need to swap wheels ect.

I have tried a couple places, seems ok but 1 guy told me he doesnt do the back as they are mobile and dont take the tyre off. So if im going from gold to black, it could look a bit s**t/poorly done.

Buy some from eBay and resell them?

I think this will be the route i will have to take.

If the car they are from had 4 pot calipers breaks then I would say yes you will be fine. I think what I would do though is if he's local to you just message him and see if its ok to pop down and whip one of your's off the front and try one on. I did the same to a guy who came over from Hull and bought my 2nd pair. 

If the car they are from had 4 pot calipers breaks then I would say yes you will be fine. I think what I would do though is if he's local to you just message him and see if its ok to pop down and whip one of your's off the front and try one on. I did the same to a guy who came over from Hull and bought my 2nd pair. 

I have asked if they will fit and she said no because 53 plate wrx are 5x114 pcd apparently and these alloys are 5x100 pcd, is this correct, are 53 plate wrx 5x114 pcd?

Thanks

Clinton

What's wrong with wicked wheels? They cover your area, do mobile service as well.

Or

I just found http://www.xpressalloys.com/ they are also a mobile service they cover Herts

Both deflate the tyre, and wil do a colour change.

I have not looked into wicked wheels but i have spoken to xpress alloys and he suggested i drop them off to a place near me called maxpowder as they powder coat for only 35 +vat per wheel, xpress alloys said he would charge 65 each wheel and it was him that said he doesnt even paint the back of the alloy as he doesnt take the tyre off.

Hence why im now looking at just buying a set.

Clinton

Ok I've just been looking it looks like they didn't change the size until the hawkeye i.e the one after your's. I did think it was even later to be fair when the hatch came out oh well learn something new :) 

http://www.whichwheels.co.uk/car/subaru/impreza-sti/

Again this is only from what I can find myself 

Lol sorry to teach granny to suck eggs, he can't be that good a refurb guy then. It's a shame the guys I use don't cover herts, I always a guy in Surrey so I'm just on his Border.

Try contacting Pete @ southeast imrpreza 07891129485 , he's always breaking cars and may have some wheels in stock that will fit.

Also if your interested Surrey Scoobies will be meeting this Sunday 11th Aug

The Fairmile

Portsmouth Road

Cobham

Surrey

KT11 1BW

Kicks off from 13:00pm onwards.

From yours it's a short blast down the M25 to Junct 10.

It's a great meet loads of people to talk too. There's usually about 20 cars, well worth a trip.

• Like 2

Ok I've just been looking it looks like they didn't change the size until the hawkeye i.e the one after your's. I did think it was even later to be fair when the hatch came out oh well learn something new :) 

http://www.whichwheels.co.uk/car/subaru/impreza-sti/

Again this is only from what I can find myself 

Excellent thanks, your right as the seller then emailed me back saying he was wrong and that they will fit lol

Lol sorry to teach granny to suck eggs, he can't be that good a refurb guy then. It's a shame the guys I use don't cover herts, I always a guy in Surrey so I'm just on his Border.

Try contacting Pete @ southeast imrpreza 07891129485 , he's always breaking cars and may have some wheels in stock that will fit.

Also if your interested Surrey Scoobies will be meeting this Sunday 11th Aug

The Fairmile

Portsmouth Road

Cobham

Surrey

KT11 1BW

Kicks off from 13:00pm onwards.

From yours it's a short blast down the M25 to Junct 10.

It's a great meet loads of people to talk too. There's usually about 20 cars, well worth a trip.

Ok thanks i will give him a call tomorrow.

If not i will prob just buy these, that way these can become 'The Forum Wheels' for anybody who wants to use them for the same reason...for a small fee ofcourse :)

Oh ok, let me ask the boss if i can go, its my fiance sister in laws birthday...so let me see if i can get out of it lol!

Clinton

• 3 weeks later...

Ive got a spare set, theyre not pretty but all new tryes and theyre sitting in my back garden, off my 96 impreza, im in Doncaster DN11 0QS if you need them give me a shout

Hi mate,

I really appreciate the offer, but i managed to find some thanks.

Clinton

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

My wheels have been done now so i have a set of alloys and tyres for sale, perfect for winter or if your looking to get your wheels refurbed like i was.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subaru-Impreza-alloy-wheels-/321203882898?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item4ac93e4b92

Thanks

Clinton