Minor brake issues

Hey guys,

I had all new brake discs and pads put on my car back in January, apart from squealing a little at very low speeds, all was well. Recently (in the last week) I have noticed that when at very low speeds (maneuvering in car park speeds) when I'm turning right (actual car moving right, not steering wheel movement) I get a little brake squeal from what sounds to be the front right, my foot is not on the brake when this happens.

Also sometimes under moderate braking when coming to a stop, it feels like my brakes are going on and off, well... not as harsh as that but it feels like my pads are only gripping parts of the disc, almost like the are warped slightly... but I get no judder and the discs are only 3 months old and not abused.

Does that make sense? Possible sticky caliper?

Edit: Forgot to mention, had my wheels refurbed a few weeks ago and it seems they haven't been balanced properly, could this be playing a part? I have my doubts but thot it would be worth mentioning!

I did not as it was not me who fitted them! I had issues with the caliper bolts and had to concede and get a garage to fit them. Should they squeal when I'm turning with no braking applied tho?

I'll break out the pressure washer at the weekend and give them a good blast... I'll see if I can take the pads out to grease them as well.

Any ideas about the uneven braking? Feels like I'm easing off then re-applying the brakes over and over again when I come to a compete hault

Well, think I've found the culprit! 

Driving home and felt like my car was very heavy when pulling away, drove about 15 miles on motorways (20 - 30mph due to traffic), took my junction, came up to a roundabout and smelt a very strong smell of brakes, pulled into my driveway. Inspected driver front, looked a little dirty but nothing major... went to the passenger side, holy hell... never seen so much brake dust! Went in closer for a sniff... yup, cooked brakes!!

Caliper is stuck on and now i need to wait until tomorrow before I get can get it booked in. Something do you think is fixable or will I have to go down the refurbbed calipers route? Hopefully my disc isn't warped, it's only a few months old....

They will fit, do you have the normal 4 pots on ?

Could always send yours away to godspeed in Wales, they normally have re furb ones on the shelf, have stainless pistons so shouldn't seize again. Send them yours and you get a nice shiny set back ready to go,

They are usually pretty quick in getting them out, they may even do a surcharge service, (not sure as I just sent mine away)

Yeh normal 4 pots, they do look identical to the WRX pro ones...

I'll see if the garage can fix mine in the meantime then I'll add getting refurbbed calipers onto my to-do list, trying to save up for my holiday so don't have the disposable cash right now! 

I think it would be better and cheaper to get a quality refurbed set that them WRX Pro ones. You will get stainless steel pistons with them and any colour you want :)

Have a look here, £199 if you send yours back: http://www.scoobyworx.com/4-pot-front-reconditioned-calipers-embossed-early-models-19-p.asp

My gf bought a set from him and they are top quality. I just got a set for myself from a guy on FB, cost me £165 with my old ones exchanged. I can give you the contact if you want.

20160305_155746.jpg