Hi, started having idle issues with my non-turbo classic scoob, basically would start and stall within 10 seconds, threw up MAF error code (23)

bought an identical one on eBay (same colour [green], same serial 22680 AA160) however this one is from a WRX - it seems to have fixed that problem but now I'm getting error code 24 and 31 (idle control valve & throttle position sensor), and issues with stalling at low revs.

So basically my question is: Do MAF sensors differ between turbo/non-turbo models? These two are exactly the same but I am unsure if these are genuine error codes.

After reading a lot of conflicting information on how to reset an ECU I ended up going with the "disconnect Battery for 10 minutes, leave key turned for 10 seconds, run at idle for 10 minutes" method. It seemed to think about it for a while but now I have these other two error codes, the TPS has always been a bit of a **** so have a new one coming on friday and going to take out the ICV later to check my serial and get another

Usually use the attch plugs method,

Don't forget to order a new gasket for icv at the same time, and you need to mark the exact location of the position of the sensor before removing it as if it goes back differently will run even worse

It was never in a default position as I did an engine swap a couple of months ago and used the new throttle body without a TPS so I adjusted it myself and it ran fine until now.

Anyway this is another method of resetting ECU I found, is this what you meant?

Classic (JECS) ECU Reset

1. Ensure engine is at normal operating temperature, turn engine off
  2. Locate the two ECU connectors, located under the steering column and consist of a black plastic male and female connector, and a green male female connector
  3. With the ignition OFF connect black to black and green to green.
  4. Turn on ignition, do not start the engine, depress the accelerator pedal to full throttle, then return it to the half-throttle position and hold for a few seconds, and then release
  5. Engine Check lamp turns on
  6. Start engine and then drive for at least one minute, keeping road speed above 11 Km/h.
  7. ECU is now re-set.
  8. At this point the check engine light should start to flash the all clear signal (steady 1/2 second interval flashes). If the check engine light does not flash, or indicates some other sequence, there is a fault present in the system, and should be professionally checked for necessary repairs.
  9. Stop the car and turn off the engine.
  10. Disconnect the black and green connectors.
  11. Job complete

Found a broken vaccum tube last night, replaced that and all seems well :rolleyes:, going to put on the new TPS tonight then do the ECU reset

Check engine light is off but still shows the 3 codes when in diagnostics mode, hopefully they'll go after the reset?

Cheers for the help mate