Thinking of getting an impreza...help

blocko_23

Hi first time post... im looking at getting a subaru... been looking at imprezas ans legacys... my current budget of £1500 i cant seem to find a decent turbo... but ive seen aload of non turbos.. what are the non turbos like to drive and own.. i currently drive a mondeo v6... would i find the different in power a step down?

Keep looking and you will find a turbo but that really is bottom end money, so either expect to spend to put it right or save more in the first place.

Which mondeo is it you have, the 170bhp, 200bhp or st 220?

You will notice a difference in power delivery, and probably not much of a difference in fuel economy (my sisters st220 didn't even average 20mpg, but her driving explained a lot of it) .

I wouldn't recommend buying a non turbo for the sake of it unless you genuinely want one. It's a bit like buying a focus 1.6 because you can't afford the RS, it won't feel the same and you won't get the pops, bangs, exhaust warble and boost that make it what it is. Don't get me wrong I'm not an elitist but buying an na because you can't get your hands on a turbo would probably leave you disappointed. Hence why I waited 9! Years to own one

Sent from the moon using telepathy

hello and welcome.

for that money you are looking at £1500 sheds!!

you'll spend more fixing, taxing and insuring it in the first twelve months.

and put it another way I paid £1300 4 years ago for a 52plate Fiat Punto Sporting with 58k miles!!

personally.. you don't want to spend less than £5k for a classic, then make sure you know where it came from.

remember the bank loan is your friend

Cheers for advice i drive a mondeo 2.5 v6 zetec s (190-200bhp) with my current mods... ive seen 2 classic turbo wagons in my range, ones abit rough round the edges, paint fade and peel on bonnet and rusty arches... but its £1000 and 1 owner and fsh... so could be a good project

• 3 weeks later...