Wind deflectors

Dogconker

I'm toying with the best idea of getting some window deflectors for my XV because I often drive with the window open.

anyone suggest any decent ones without me resorting to original Subaru ones at over £100, got to look smart though don't want them to look stuck on.

Tbh even the oem ones don't do a great deal, maybe on the newer models with pillars they may be more effective but the ones I've on mine are rubbish

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I have the heko ones on my Impreza and have had them on my last 4 cars. I like the look and they let you open the window a little bit without letting rain in or without it being crazy loud or windy.

But really it's a choice on the look as there is a function to them but it's nothing amazing.

34 minutes ago, Xander said:

I have the heko ones on my Impreza and have had them on my last 4 cars. I like the look and they let you open the window a little bit without letting rain in or without it being crazy loud or windy.

But really it's a choice on the look as there is a function to them but it's nothing amazing.

Thanks, I'll keep looking, I've got enough on my plate just now but will have to have a look later.

• 4 weeks later...

After researching what was available I bought and installed a set of ClimAir deflectors. These are not the cheapest but are very well made and easy to fit - excellent finish. Made in Germany, manufacturer is an oem supplier to the likes of Mercedes. Bought them to allow good air cirulation for dog when parked (cool conditions) - weather proof. I suppose it was inevitable that they do add somewhat to wind noise when cruising motorways etc but very pleased with purchase.

http://www.climairuk.com/

• 1 month later...

I had mine fitted when I purchased the XV. TBH, they are great, I'll be getting an STI next month and will be getting mods done to it before picking git up. one of these mods will be wind deflectors.  

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I'm a new XV (first time Subaru) owner. Been reading thread re wind deflectors and want some for same reason as Ian R, air circulation and dog. Climair don't list XV on their drop down selection for wind deflectors when I tried a minute ago. Any ideas where I might get some? I want smoke rather than black, and I'd like a bonnet protector too

As for wind deflectors I only know of the Dealer OEM ones, but there are other makers out there. With the XV being a niche market vehicle in the UK parts suppliers aren't that common. £100 I think for the dealer supplied ones.

As for the bonnet trim, I bought the OEM one from the dealers, it was £80 fitted, probably not worth looking anywhere else for one.